Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenstal E-Mail Protest

• 12-06-2001 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Re: http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum14/HTML/000690.html

When I read Dadakopf's letter I began to fear for the amount of flame letters which may be sent to the headmaster's account.

The response I received from him a few minutes ago (which I forwarded to Dev) would suggest that my fears proved correct.

I propose a 12 clicking (or at least some severe negative karma points) for dadakopf.

These boards have gone steadily downhill over the past few months with more and more crap being tolerated. I agree with Hobbes proposal for thread Karma ratings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

How about 12-click lite? Where somebody can be banned from one board, but can return when their behaviour improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

He may have gone a little over the top in his letter as Kharn pointed out, but he was essentially doing what was asked of him by writing it.

Considering the time of his posting, he possibly hit reply before getting a chance to see DeVore's posting which said:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">At this point I'd like to ask everyone to put their mailers back in their holsters</font>

A 12-clicking for Dadakopf is a bit OTT, in my opinion. Negative karma would be ok.

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yeah, we've all recieved warnings at some stage, well I have. This mightn't be the best place for my suggestion, I'll post it else where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Ah Jesus crucified.gif , some of you are taking this way too seriously. I had my fun. And yeah, Bard was right; I was composing the post during the time DeVore issued his public statement smileydies.gif .

It's clear DeVore is just watching his back. Lighten up lads, it's only a larf lach.gif .

heartline.gif

[This message has been edited by DadaKopf (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I did ask people to be polite.
    *frowns at dadakopf*

but I'm not 12-clicking someone for a single conduct breach. Dadakopf consider yourself rebuked!

Glenstal have taken action and acted rationally (surprisingly, I'm sure you'll agree!) and have acted in a fashion that has impressed me (how many schools have an IT admin who keeps logs and applies download limitations?).

At this point I'm happy with the outcome and we should all back down off red alert.

We should have a muppet sign reading: Warning, Boards Bites Back!!

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Any chance of getting a copy of those emails from the school? tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

something like this
    kermithead.gif

adnans

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dada, no!

Suffice to say they were professional and polite. I have apologised for our blunt approach and explained the necessity for such actions to preserve this island of discourse from the lapping waves of muppetdom.

Adnans, you're a scream, can you make it say and "Boards Bites Back" below smile.gif or

" Boards
    Bites
    Back "

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

What The heck r u guys tlking about? R u tlking about the boarding school situated near the village of murroe? confused.gif

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    What The heck r u guys tlking about? R u tlking about the boarding school situated near the village of murroe? confused.gif</font>

Try reading the very first line of the very first post in this thread.

Ahhh! We're talking about this!: http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum14/HTML/000690.html

rolleyes.gif

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:

We should have a muppet sign reading: Warning, Boards Bites Back!!

DeVore.
    </font>

How's this for a 5-10 min job? smile.gif

muppetry.gif

Bard
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Better delete that bard before pablo sees it smile.gif. Copyright infringement and all that.....

Nice job though

I like my coffee like I like my women.......
    In a plastic cup

I like my coffee like I like my women......
    covered in bees

How DO you make ugly coffee...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

I still don't see the connection with the title.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    I still don't see the connection with the title.....</font>

What are you blithering on about?

Bard
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Winning Hand:
    Better delete that bard before pablo sees it smile.gif. Copyright infringement and all that.....
    </font>

ROLF!

Advertisement