Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Sennheiser headphones for commuting ?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I commute daily on the train and need a new set of headphones for memp3 player.

I'd be listening mostly to audio books / comedy; noise attenuation is a big priority.

It's between the PX200 / HD212 / HD202 - if you use any of these in a similar circumstance could you give it a quick review ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

I picked up the PMX60s In HMV there a while ago, brilliant sound, only €40, a great buy. Very comfortable. If you are unsure ask if you can check 'em out first, i did and the chap said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

PX200, you can have them very loud and nobody can hear it.......... best €60 Ive spent on Headphones.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rpage

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=qc2_headphones_index&pageName=/index_3.jsp&ck=0

The Bose are the BEST. Was using them yesterday whilst being driven between Belgrade and Sarajevo and then on the plane to Milan. Heard nothing apart from the music! Ace! These are the ultimate...

Not cheap but worth every bit of the upfront investment....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

rpage wrote:
    http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=qc2_headphones_index&pageName=/index_3.jsp&ck=0

The Bose are the BEST. Was using them yesterday whilst being driven between Belgrade and Sarajevo and then on the plane to Milan. Heard nothing apart from the music! Ace! These are the ultimate...

Not cheap but worth every bit of the upfront investment....

That's ridiculous. I've used the HD 202's a couple of times and they're fantastic. Only drawback is that you get about 3 metres of cable to coil into your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

My poxy ipod earphones have just blown up on me, so I'm also looking to get a new pair. Where is the best / cheapist / best selection stockist of Seinheisser headphones? :confused:

Is there any store online that sells and delivers to Ireland cheapo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Peat's do Sennheiser gear. They recently jacked the prices but not overly bad. www.amazon.co.uk are alright prices aswell.

Id say the HD202s are great for the money, not that ive tried much else really. Couldnt tell much of a difference between them and the 212pros, probably more high end response on the 212s.

The barely leak any sound at all. Good luck if you like pissing people off by blasting your music, they wont hear a thing, except maybe the bass. These sound as good as my Z-5300s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been using the 212 Pro's for ages now, must be over a year and they are fantastic. Sound quality is excellent, and you won't hear a thing around you and neither will anyone else, they really keep the sound locked in there. Best of all they are really comfy and I like the fact that you can replace the cable if it ****s up.
    The only downside is you get a 3M cable for them as they are aimed at DJ's (the bass is fantastic BTW - not sure you'd need that though for audio books!) :D

All in all, great headphones.

Advertisement