Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone line connection new

Options
  • 29-06-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi BBS

Moved in last week and trying to get me head around the telephone wiring. Found the POE that had an eircom plug on. This plug comes in two parts. If I take the first plate off there are no wires attched. On the back there is what looks like an RJ45 connection which I presume is for the that plug to work when you push it back onto the rest of the plate. So when I take the second part of the plate off I see the wires connected from the out side.

Now the house is wired with five additional lines + the one on the POE. Behind the scond plate there are 5 cables but they are not connected. So can some one tell me what I need to do to conncet the rest of the house.

1 do I just wire the rest to the POE terminals in the same colour order?
    2 or on the back of the first plate there are a number of puch down and screw in connectors.

White punch down connectors
    Pink connector
    Black screw in connectors

Do I use these and in what order do I use them ?

thanks for any help

Garyh3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Couple of pic as to what im talking about

Garyh3

Advertisement