Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway is smaller than limerick!

Options
  • 29-06-2005 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

lol,
    i thought id post this one........

Fact , still irelands fourth largest city , im afraid......
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mysterious wrote:
    lol,
    i thought id post this one........

Fact , still irelands fourth largest city , im afraid......
    :D
    I don't think this has ever been disputed.

What has been raised recently was that if Galway continues to grow at similar rates and the criteria for what defines Limerick (city limits, Primetime specials per square meter, etc) aren't rejigged, then Galway may technically be bigger in the next few years. A census is probably your only man compared to something that gets wheeled out on a slow news day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

we're all men of the millenium here, size doesn't matter to our generation .. anyway doesn't galway have like... culture and stuff?

it used to have eyre square... that was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Ah, let stab city have the number three place. it's the only thing they've got going for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

lol stab city. Galway is great because you can get from A to B easily and everything you'd want is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gangsta wrote:
    lol stab city. Galway is great because you can get from A to B easily and everything you'd want is here.

Including being able to stroll down the street without fear of being mugged or stabbed.....lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Including being able to stroll down the street without fear of being mugged or stabbed.....lol
    LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

awww, hit it where it hurts, lol

the stabb city is thing is really fading away......

statically its safer than Dublin and is no worse than cork or galway

althoough it has fueding gangs but there fight amongs them selves
    anyway all that is happining in clare
    because moyross is in Co. clare!

eyre sq is a ****hole , feck all shops pubs everywhere
    and full of housing estates circling eyre sq !!! LOL
    its practilly a town
    sorry guys , used to like Galway ,but now a real dissapointment.

Galways has a reputaion with its binge drinking and templebar scenrio!
    i feel very safe in limerick.
    i don;t think crime is an issue just because the media like to direct away from dublin.

as population of Galway is very misunderstood
    wheres the city boundary is nearly 3 times bigger than the of limerick which means there 1000s acres and hinterland to state its a growing city
    land for it growing popultion!!

limerick is growing at a simular rate to Galway if it had it suburbs icluded like Galway, not to mention the limerick city centre is growing to ,
    galway bounadary is also bigger than corks too
    and galway still has a poplultion of 66,000???

limerick is more econmically power driven and wealthier than galway by the facts.
    poor Galway. anyway i need to cut my roast beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

well you've really won me over with your poor spelling and grammar n00b :rolleyes:

whatever, if your sad enough to actually care about comparing stab city and galway, let me remind you that size doesn't matter! Seeing as how you started this thread, i think it sounds a bit like an inferiority complex ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm locking this thread.
    Mysterious, you're getting a 1-week ban for this tripe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement