Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 'Stab City' Post.

Options
  • 08-06-2001 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I can't find it, was it deleted?

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It deserved to be deleted - either that or sent to trolls. It was just looking for an argument, man.

Bard
    "Holsten Pils. Does exactly what it says on the tin."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

Well a Forum is about discussion.

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I deleted it because it was a load of cretinous rubbish. It was not an attempt to start a discussion, you spouted a load of crap about how much you hate the place in an obvious flame bait.

I send nothing to Trolls these days because it only encourages the likes of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    I send nothing to Trolls these days because it only encourages the likes of you.</font>

if only all the mods deleted posts, and not packed them off to trolls.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    if only all the mods deleted posts, and not packed them off to trolls.</font>

hee hee... your hit count wouldn't be quite as high then, Kipper tongue.gif

fair play Castor, but in fairness - Tilmitt isn't all that bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    if only all the mods deleted posts, and not packed them off to trolls.</font>
    ok stop that you're scareing me, this new anti-troll s-m-a-k is just too freaky!! tongue.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    I deleted it because it was a load of cretinous rubbish. It was not an attempt to start a discussion, you spouted a load of crap about how much you hate the place in an obvious flame bait.

I send nothing to Trolls these days because it only encourages the likes of you.
    </font>

But its dam true, do you have to censor everthing?

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

This site is too opressive to other people's view's, there is such thing as being different ya know?

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I don't censor everything, I censor posts that are a load of $hite, and like the vast majority of yours, that topic certainly came into that category.

How are you being different in saying Limerick is a $hithole where you might get stabbed anyway, about 98% of the people in this country think that.

If you stop posting complete cobblers, I'll stop deleteing it.

If you know that Limerick is a $hite hole then why did you delete my post about it? I juz wanted to see if others felt the same.

You censor everthing you don't agree with, why don't you let people say what they feel, you don't have to participate in the Threads.

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Digital Tilmitt:
    But its dam true, do you have to censor everthing?

</font>

It is NOT damn true!

I lived longer in Limerick than you ever did, Tilmitt. I lived in 8 or so flats/apartments around the city during my time there. I was attacked twice in my 16 or so years living in Limerick - each time by drunken louts. I was never stabbed, never shot at, and never seriously in danger in Limerick.

Since moving to Dublin I've been involved in a LOT of drunken brawls (not initiated by myself) and almost every time with weapons involved - usually knives or broken bottles/glasses. In my own humble experience, Dublin has been a much more dangerous place to live in and go out in - but that has only really been because of the larger population. It happens everywhere - the town or city itself is not to blame. Limerick has been badged with a largely unfair reputation and nickname over the years and pointlessly nasty posts like yours dont help the situation in the slightest.

A post about Limerick being a "$hithole where you're only likely to be robbed and stabbed" and "not somewhere you should go to live in" is not only factually flawed - it's a TROLL in the strongest sense- it's only looking for nasty, flaming responses chastising Limerick and it's people and Castor Troy was right to delete it and call it a "load of cretinous rubbish".

He was not right, however, to say that 98% of the people in this country think that "Limerick is a $hithole where you might get stabbed anyway". Even though he may have been just taking the p|ss there, I take offence at that. Limerick is my birthplace, and despite it's failings it will always be home of sorts. Pride in your own place of birth is a strong trait in the Irish - and a good trait in my opinion.

Anyway... I do carry on a bit!... Just take more care when you're posting messages, Tilmitt... Have a discussion- not a slagging match... and try not to incite hatred. smile.gif

Have fun!

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Some people are juz good at making me shutup!!!

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

Sometimes I get too angry, I apologise to those who must listen to my ranting but its juz a part of me!

I'll try to spew $hite less.

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Nah he is right Bard, you just fall into the other 2% who happen to have been born there.... smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Nah he is right Bard, you just fall into the other 2% who happen to have been born there.... smile.gif</font>

*grrr...*

I sense a Kin Strife..............

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    ok stop that you're scareing me, this new anti-troll s-m-a-k is just too freaky!! tongue.gif</font>

but i love to hate spam. spam is the work of satan and his evil elephants which i call 'ele-satanic-beastie-monsters'.

be warned potential spam artists out there. s-m-a-k is coming for you. and i've got a big thing to hit you with.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

Hey lotz of people are callin SMAK the Biggest Spammer of 'em all. And what happened to Deep fry me a Quail and friends, I sense a cover-up!

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'Shoo, get away you dirty Oglop!' - Father of Boy in Treno - Proir to Card tournament - FF9

Advertisement