Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fizzle sticks wanted

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bobbybouche

marymc wrote: »
    Or Edingurgh rock. :)

Still no luck with this Clonmel guy. I'll check out Alderwood too, thanks!

any luck with the edinburgh rock anyone? haven't tasted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

This place in Kilkenny has some fizzle stick knock-offs at the moment. €6 delivery nationwide (bit much?), but the have a nice website and some delicious looking sweets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 billtythekid

THERE IS A SHOP IN DROGHEDA CALLED "THE OLD SWEET SHOP" IN WHICH HAS FIZZLE ROCKS AND ARE SUPPLIED BY THE SHOP IN CLONMEL,THEY TASTE 99% LIKE THE OLD FIZZLE STICK,YUMMY I BOUGHT €6 WORTH,A VERY PLEASANT GIRL IN THE SHOP SOLD ME A MINATURE BUCKET OF THEM FOR €6 IN WHICH HAS THE SHOP NAME AND NUMBER ON IT,ALSO SAID THAT WILL BE COMING IN STICK FORM IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS:):P:P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

any luck with the edinburgh rock anyone? haven't tasted it.

Got some the other day. :)

Not Fizzle Sticks. :(

They are the same colours as Fizzle sticks and kind of the same flavours but they disolve in your mouth really quickly, not a bit like Fizzle Sticks.

The search goes on! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 billtythekid

everyones taste buds are different,in my mind they taste pretty much like fizzle sticks,going for more tomorrow,hope they have some,yum yum:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've deleted a few posts that seemed like spam. I understand it's helpful to know where you can get them, but we still can't condone spam here. If businesses would like to officially advertise their stock of fizzle sticks, or any other confectionary, please contact sales@boards.ie. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Went on to one of the websites to take a look. Are my eyes deceiving me, €1 for one Fizzle Stick? Somebody tell me I'm wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No connection :)
    Just kept passing this lil stall in Georges' Street Arcade, they do sweets by the quarter and things like wham bars / some american things like gobstoppers.
    ANYways - I saw they had fizzle sticks (not something I ever had). But just a place that people could check out if interested, the man said they're not exactly like the old ones, he was clear saying that to me but said they're close.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

I seen fizzle sticks 4 sale in the sweet shop in Trim (thesweetshop.ie) iirc they were about 50c each and some deal for a few of them! I'm mad to try them now because of all this hype!lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elizie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I tried penny jellies ones, very close to memory. some are better than others in the colours and texture . Not perfect but the best yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 condan1

hiya,don't know if anyone still interested but i had me some fizzle sticks today. there the original, they taste just as good and as everything else in ireland they suffered some serious inflation over the years (€1 each but bigger than original) but they were yum yum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 condan1

hugely excessive but i got 5 anyway, €5 for a taste of my childhood and they were worth it. the lady in the shop told me the whole story about them, they defo the same ones, supposedly these are coming from the origianl machine that has been sitting in storage for years.
    got them in a little retro sweet shop in dundrum, the lady said they hoping to go online in a couple of weeks.
    even at that price you'd have to try them just to see.

There's a new little sweet shop in Rosslare Strand that sells all the old fashioned sweets, even peggy's leg! I asked her at the weekend what the story with Fizzle sticks was and she told me they would be getting them in soon that they were currently in production in Wales! I'm delighted now to hear she probably has gotten them in since last week, will have to get myself some when I'm down there in a couple of weeks :)

I don't know if the ones you are talking about are the new "mega fizzle sticks" but €1 seems hugely excessive for just 1...:eek:

Maybe so, but you would have to buy a lot from pennyjellies to justify the shipping charges. He got five for a fiver. He would have had to pay 8.25 to get five from your website!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SWEETLOVER

There's a new little sweet shop in Rosslare Strand that sells all the old fashioned sweets, even peggy's leg! I asked her at the weekend what the story with Fizzle sticks was and she told me they would be getting them in soon that they were currently in production in Wales! I'm delighted now to hear she probably has gotten them in since last week, will have to get myself some when I'm down there in a couple of weeks :)
    I was in there last week and she had them. They cost 45c. They were the same ones that were in Dundrum for €1.00.
    She told me that the people making them have run out and will not have another batch ready until next week. There is only one supplier for them in Ireland. They got them made up from scratch and no they arn't using the same machine. That company closed down years ago. (The old Fizzle sticks were alot smaller) The new ones are now called Giant Fizzle sticks. In my opinion they are still not the same. The Edinburgh rock is much more like them. The Sweet shop in Rosslare strand sells them aswell. Its called Sweet Moments. I think they have a new facebook page. You can see them there

SWEETLOVER wrote: »
    I was in there last week and she had them. They cost 45c. They were the same ones that were in Dundrum for €1.00.
    She told me that the people making them have run out and will not have another batch ready until next week. There is only one supplier for them in Ireland. They got them made up from scratch and no they arn't using the same machine. That company closed down years ago. (The old Fizzle sticks were alot smaller) The new ones are now called Giant Fizzle sticks. In my opinion they are still not the same. The Edinburgh rock is much more like them. The Sweet shop in Rosslare strand sells them aswell. Its called Sweet Moments. I think they have a new facebook page. You can see them there

Yep got some last week too! Love love love that shop. She is the best hundreds and thousands putter onner ever!!!!! Giant fizzle sticks are not the same, still nice though! Will definitely check out the Edinburgh rock, thanks for the tip!

Advertisement