Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last 10 posts

Options
  • 21-06-2001 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I apologise if this has been mentioned before

When you look at the last 10 posts on the main page if 2 or more posts show for the same topic then they all have the same timestamp though they are still ordered correctly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep it's a problem with the code I wrote, it uses the date of the thread for the last column and without opening each thread and getting the information from that instead of the total forumindex file (which is quicker) it probably will remain that way for a while. I guess I could leave out the time column altogether but some guideline to the post time is better than none, and in general it works if no two of the 10 last posts are in the same thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Ahh, fair enough

Def think the dates should stay(wouldn't have noticed the prob if I wasn't using them)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Don't really see the need for the time column myself... it's just using up space un-necessarily IMHO.

Bard

- in Manchester. Ee by gum, I get around.

Advertisement