Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you remove splash screens/intro on BF2?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests does anyone know how to do this, i know it involves deleting some files just not sure which? Thanks

al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Locutus

Disabling the Intro Movies

The introductory movies to BF2 are quite annoying, and generally increase startup times for the game. To disable them, you should not delete the movie files - this may cause problems with Punkbuster. Instead, simply rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename dice.bik to dice.backup). The files to rename are: demo_b2legal.bik, demo_bf2release.bik, demo_demolegaltext.bik, demo_locknload.bik, dice.bik, EA.bik and Nvidia_logo.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load.

If for any reason you experience any problems with the above method, you can download and use the blank movie files from here: SkipIntroBF2.zip (2KB) instead. Backup your movie files first, then extract the contents of this .zip file into your \movies directory.

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

cheers for that i'll give it a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I just renamed the folder m0vies or vide0s or whatever. Sure I get an ugly grey menu background, but it's not like it was anything amazing to begin with :D. Means I have all the files too, so if PB or a patch has a problem, then I can just rename it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I just renamed the folder m0vies or vide0s or whatever. Sure I get an ugly grey menu background, but it's not like it was anything amazing to begin with :D. Means I have all the files too, so if PB or a patch has a problem, then I can just rename it back.

How do you login then?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I went to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies and renamed Dice.bic, EA.bic, Intro.bic and Legal.bic. Now when i go to load bf2 it just goes straight to the login screen. Sweet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

KdjaC wrote:
    How do you login then?

kdjac
    It only disables the video playing in the background, the menus still work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Adam_K

Past experience with all of the battlefield games and even the BF2 demo has shown that you can just delete all the movie files; simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, all the yellow writing and boxes and outlines etc.. are there, but the video in the background is not there.

Advertisement