Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persistent muppetry.

• 22-06-2001 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

As people who frequent the after hours board will well know, there are two very big muppets at large.'Kat', and 'Steph', either one idiot of epic proportions or two remarkably simple and like minded morons are posting utter tripe, start new threads which usualy consist of one line of a vague statement.'They' also seem to use the boards as a chat room for themselves. Someone have a word please smile.gif. I support everyones democratic right to be of well below average intelligence but forcing it on others is unfair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

7 new topics in 30 mins... that's more than I've managed in 6 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I know.I was a bit harsh above I think though. They just need to be reminded by the boards powers that the boards are not their personal playground smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I decided to give them the benifit of the doubt and just assume that they were new to discussion boards and were having a hard time settling in.

So I tried to be nice and give them some helpful advice here --> http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum1/HTML/001954.html .

In spite of this their behavior does not seem to have changed and this was the thanks I got for all of my trouble --> http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum1/HTML/001956.html .

Even if this is not some stupid joke by one extremely sad person and they are really two seperate people trying to contribute I think they still have a lot of maturing to do before they are ready for boards.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 22-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

I agree, something should be done about them. SPAM doesn't even begin to describe them anymore. Theres about 100 posts between them in a few days, most of which are one line sentences IN FULL ****IN CAPITALS that make no sense...

arrrrRRROOOOOOOOOOoooo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

12-click them please. They're acting like they're in a private chat room. Each topic is just another line in their converstation, and they're not interested in behaving.

Sorry about my spammy satirical post in After Hours. If anyone's annoyed with it I'm happy to delete it or see it deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh relax people, they'll get bored and go away.
    And Kix, satire is never spam, it is a good thing.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

AFAIK Their IP's have been banned now smile.gif
    So we shouldn't hear from them.

Advertisement