Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls. opinions on muscles?

• 29-06-2005 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what girls prefer?
    thin guys? fat guys? lean muscular guys? huge muscular guys?

I know personality has everything to do with IT so forget about that for a while.

Personally when i see a skinny guy i think: eat a bit more, when i see a fat guy i think: eat a bit less, a lean muscular guy: i go comparing, a huge muscular shaper: i think - what an asshole.

I think guys with tight t shirts should be a big no no for all girls regarlesss how big they are. just all shapers.
    on the other hand the big guys who wear XXL tshirts and still look huge look mighty impressive. i remember seein mike mullins one nite in town and his shoulders were huge even though he had a large shirt on.

but anyway opinions please? shape or not? fat or not? white skin and freckles or tanned (however you get it?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Lean and toned. I'm not a fan of muscles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My preference is for a well-built, tall, fit man. I'd have very little time for someone who didn't look after their body in some fashion. Legs are a big turn on for me. Good strong legs. I can never understand guys who spend ages on their triceps, biceps, pecs etc, but have the skinniest legs. It's so unattractive.

I don't like beanpoles, or skinny men. I suppose it goes back to our animal nature, but I like someone who looks like he could fight his corner. On the other hand, some of the posers with massive triceps below in the gym just turn me cold.

Anyone who's ever met my bf at cork beers knows where I'm coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

i cant stand the shapers in the gym. id nearly go so far as to say i hate the particular guy without ever even talkin 2 him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

It depends - some tall guys just really suit being a bit on the larger side (think protective teadybear), some guys look better being of normal build. I would not tend to go for muscle men or guys who were too skinny and prefer guys to be on the tall side, but in the end it really depends on the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

well i don't really mind skinny or big. you don't really see many really muscly guys and when i do i tend to think they all think they are gorgeous; the tans,tight shirts and hair etc. so i'd go for an average type i suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

IME most women are pretty poor at judging guy's bodies objectively or correctly. If a guy has a tan, shapes around in tight tops and generally behaves like a "bad boy rapper" he's going to have hot chicks all over him. They'll think he's muscular and hard, even though he may be of average build and a wimp under it all.

Many women also have skewed ideas about a lot of stuff. I'm about average weight and height but women think I'm short and skinny. I am into weight training but I never mention it to women anymore as the last time I mentioned it I got a shocked "but you're sooo skinny!!!" response. I am 11.5 stone @ 5 ft 9 with a BMI far closer to overweight than underweight. So that response was annoying. Another time, I heard the same girl going on about Brad Pitt's body in the film Fight Club and how great it was. Anyone who knows anything about these things knows that Pitt in Fight Club was average sized at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

slim without the six-pack.not too fond of it. i prefer it to be nice and flat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

i find lean muscluar guys really sexy. dont like tanned guys i prefer palem in both guys and girls. as for freckles-on girls cute as hell. on guys afraid not! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

u gots to love somebody who is comfortable in their skin it give confidence that just oozes sexiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

BrianD3 wrote:

Anyone who knows anything about these things knows that Pitt in Fight Club was average sized at best.

I think the women in question were impressed with how toned and muscular he looks in the film as opposed to how "big and musclar" he looks! He can play the normal dude as well without looking ridiculous ie Vin Diesel.

I think that the best look is probably one where if you wear normal clothes it's not immediately obvious what's underneath....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I just like thin lanky guys... especially if they're a little effeminite. Or Johnny Depp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TailFeather

Hmmm.... I love medium height and a bit stocky. Nice broad shoulders and big arms but hnot insanely muscular. A girl needs a cuddle once in a while!

So not into the whole six-pack thing. I like my man with a hint of pudge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ania

Where I come from, people are usually very thin compared to the average Western European.
    That's why I'm quite amazed because Irish people are in general not what we would call 'slim'.
    I personally prefer slim guys (but I shouldn't be able to count every rip), because I'm very thin too.
    Muscular men are nice, but men shouldn't be too muscular like Arnold Schwarzenegger because I think that looks awful.
    Six packs, however, are always welcome!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Hmmm.... I love medium height and a bit stocky. Nice broad shoulders and big arms but hnot insanely muscular. A girl needs a cuddle once in a while!

So not into the whole six-pack thing. I like my man with a hint of pudge!

oh my god you just described me. but i won't have a hint of pudge for much longer mind you.

anyway, all that matters is that one particular muscle (well it's not a muscle) is big, doesn't it?

Ania wrote:
    Six packs, however, are always welcome!!!

Im single if you need all of the above. 5'10" 16.5" arms, 18" neck, big shoulders, an 8 pack and fit as fcuk :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Dont much like very muscley type. Altho, couldn't be doing with man boobs either.

Pretty toned, but nothing overly so! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I personally prefer a guy to be protective, thus I tend to prefer the taller guys, the tall teadybears are also welcome, though I did not start to find them attractive until I was in my mid-20's. I think that someone who has serious muscles works out too much and apart from being physically unattractive is spending too much time on his appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

hmm not too skinny, not to fat, muscles but not too built up, well toned and a six-pack

Ye're all saying ye dont like big muscles but imo ye're opinion is based on the mega huge roid monster bodybuilders ye see on tv like cutler, coleman etc. Never mind arnie, he was small compared to these guys.
    I think once you get to over 15st (obviously depending on height) at a low BF then then it starts to become a bit gross.
    Any of ye ever spotted the physique of some of the sprinters? 13st, 5' 10", V low BF, Huge upper body but extremely symmetric too. I doubt ye'd turn yere noses up at one of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I always get told I'm too thin, 5"11, 9 1/4 Stone but as a middle distance athlete I've alot of power but not much visible muscle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

You can't beat nice broad shoulders!!! Strong legs are definitely very attractive too! Mmmm...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I hate lanky guys. They're too small and scrawny. Ya need something to grab onto! I think a biggish built is nice. Defined muscles are good but huge and bulging would be too much, for me anyway. Somewhere in the middle is perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

not into muscles or broad blokes.
    Skinny doesn't do it for me either.
    I'd say avergage build (tall preferably but I'm small so all blokes are taller than me!)
    Also like muscly arms, but nor bouncer muscly, just enough to look the the bloke could protect u...or give u a good hug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm way more into personality tbh. I can find the hottest guy unattractive if he's an asshole and really nastly looking guys sexy if they have a great personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Feenikusu

The most important thing is that he's not too skinny. I absolutely hate boys with extreme thin legs and everything, a little beer belly and stronger legs are much better. But not too fat! But it's still better if he's a bit too fat than too skinny. And neither too big nor too small.
    And muscles...no. Better not, but I don't really care about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I love muscles but nothing too big. Just love a fit guy with nice arms and a sexy chest... Mmmmmm.....Chests and arms.....
    *drool*

I don't know why, but I love thin legs on men!
    I hate skinny arms and shoulders that consist of skin and bones only on men, but somehow I adore to put my hand on a man's knee und feel every single bone of the knee.
    - It's GREAT fun!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i don't care about muscles.

LadyJ wrote:
    I love muscles but nothing too big. Just love a fit guy with nice arms and a sexy chest... Mmmmmm.....Chests and arms.....
    *drool*
    I'm actually kind of a knee- und hipbones fetishist!
    There's nothing hotter than men's hipbones, hmmmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

lads? dude remember who you are trying to impress the girls or gals! not the lads! :D

where im from lads means both guys and girls. basically anyone in the group you are talkin to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

What's in the bag lads?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

you would all love me, 6'6'' 17st, and nice broad shoulders.
    im just a big protective teddybear!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

To be honest I don't mind body shape, once they are taller than me!! 5'9" I am so guys gotta be 6 foot at least. Girl being taller than a guy just freaks me out. Also means I can't ever where heels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Pinx wrote:
    You can't beat nice broad shoulders!!! Strong legs are definitely very attractive too! Mmmm...!!

Seconded'd :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Squirrel wrote:
    I always get told I'm too thin, 5"11, 9 1/4 Stone but as a middle distance athlete I've alot of power but not much visible muscle.

At 9 1/4 stone are you sure you're not underweight?
    Your BMI (for what it's worth) at 18.1 would suggest you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sometimes Men find it hard to actually put on weight and thats why they are skinny. My friend is really skinny, but he eats so much food, its unreal how much he eats and not put on any weight at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I have an arm-fetish, even though I can't quite define what makes arms sexy... I don't like muscly guys though. Firm, oooh yes please, but not muscly - that just looks stupid. If I was to describe my ideal guy he would be tall, broad shouldered, good strong firm arms (my not muscles popping out, ugh), toned stomach, firm ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

It's strange that a lot of girls find muscular legs attractive. The clothes that guys wear don't really show off muscles on the leg, so you'd have to get them out of their cacks before you can appretiaite them.

I find long slender legs and a nice shapely ass a big turn-on in women, and it's usually easy to spot. Even if a girl's got a big ass, she can wear jeans to hold it all together and keep the guys happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

my sexy piece of man flesh is a skinny bastard. he's quite muscular tho (in the sexy defined way, not the popping out everywhere way)
    he's skinnier than me, but tall and with broad shoulder and a gorgeous firm ass.
    *drool*
    i wouldn't change a single thing about him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

except his face? :P j/k :E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

kasintahan wrote:
    At 9 1/4 stone are you sure you're not underweight?
    Your BMI (for what it's worth) at 18.1 would suggest you are.

I'm also a middle distance runner, I've recently gotten stronger, just not muscly, that's too much weight to carry around

Advertisement