Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap dvds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

You have to buy 10 tho :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

I know ya but if you buy 10 off that, you would probably only get 2 in the same category (as in New Releases etc.) in Xtra Vision or HMV etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

those're most likely bootlegs which are not only illegal, but will be intercepted by irish customs and make buying dvd's from anywhere online in the future major hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

They are actually legal, believe it or not. You get the DVD (obviously) and the outer cover art. The only thing you dont get is the DVD case as far as I know anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

How do Irish customs intercept them. Surely they don't go through every package that comes into Ireland via post to check for bootleg DVDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.cheapdvdbuys.com/store/faq.php#How%20much%20is%20your%20shipping%20cost

Q10: What are your shipping costs?

A: Shipping is based on the size of your order. Please see our shipping information page for current rates. We cannot, however, ship to Australia, Canada or APO, FPO addresses.
    With recent changes in UK Royal Mail and ParcelForce our UK Shipments have been slower in arriving our UK customers may have to wait 30 days to receive their packages.

not only do you have to buy in bulk ie 10 dvd's but you've got to wait approx 30 days?
    now i know it says the UK, but surely it would be the same for Ireland. This is taken in account that these are fully legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

surely that site aint legit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Looks slightly dodgy, think I'll keep the card details for Play thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The fact that they say most (all?) of thier DVDs are in DVD-5 format (4.7gb discs) sounds very dodgy. I have never seen a legit commercial dvd under 5gb. Added to that, why the hell would a legit site be specifying the disc size and picture quality of thier products? Think I'll be sticking to Play myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I agree, buying and owning dodgy DVD's is one thing, but not when it involves your credit card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement