Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Global Gathering

• 29-06-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Looks like a great line up to me. Anyone heading to Cork for it next month? I'd go just for Paul Oakenfold and David Moralles. The rest is a bonus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd love to go, but it's a long way away from Dublin and without the option of heading to my gaff afterwards I'll be skipping it. I'm too into my create comforts these days, especially after a buzz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Joey Shabadoo

I'm thinking about it.I'm only really bothered about Carl Cox and Chris Liebing though.

Might make a week out of it,Felix on the 5th as well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

Think there's about 30 heading down from sligo roscommon, going to be a mad one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye. heading down to cork saturday afternoon - should be a quality session :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

crap lineup as far as im concerned

itll be full of kids and knackers as well

wouldnt go within 50 miles of the thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Not going but wouldnt mind seeing Kerri Chandler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Helix wrote:
    crap lineup as far as im concerned

itll be full of kids and knackers as well

wouldnt go within 50 miles of the thing

I think its a case that the dance line-up for oxegen was de-skangerised to discourage the scourge of this country from going and global gathering helped entice them away with the big well known names(not good however)...Lisa Lashes case in point.

I'd go purely for dave clarke, steve lawler and morales myself.

Cant wait for mylo and morillo at oxygen.....i hope joey negro and kerri chandler dont clash with morillo and deep dish respectivley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 krz7e

yeah, knackers & cokeheads. thats where they'll all be.

Festivals like this are destroying electronic music.
    Actually they probably already have destroyed it.

Long live techno though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

no drum and bass.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Maynooth wrote:
    Looks like a great line up to me. Anyone heading to Cork for it next month? I'd go just for Paul Oakenfold and David Moralles. The rest is a bonus.

Oakenfold and Moralles are the two of the worst DJs(among others) there imo.

Maby Clarke, Liebing and the other few techno jocks but its not worth goin I think. The crowd will be mostly "look at me I'm 16 I do 7 E's and that makes me cool" types.

Yeah and why no DnB? what the f*ck is up with that. A decent festival would have a variety

• Advertisement

...so I wont be goin, then...

The truth is the day of this type of thing in ireland is well gone, maybe it will come back but it will be a long ****ing time. Oh and 2tel1, it wont be look at me im 16 and do 7 e's it willl be "look at me, I do 7 lines of coke". Thats the way its gone now.

I actually read an article recently, cant remember where (maybe it was idj) but it was sayin the the drum 'n bass crowd are apparently "very violent and dangerous" and that promoters dont want them at their parties.
    so thats probably the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

krz7e wrote:

I actually read an article recently, cant remember where (maybe it was idj) but it was sayin the the drum 'n bass crowd are apparently "very violent and dangerous" and that promoters dont want them at their parties.
    so thats probably the reason.

fair enough, the crowds at the really big [4000+] drum and bass events over there have a pretty bad reputation... thing is, over here, if you're a knacker you're into hard house and trance etc, over there, drum and bass is the real knacker music, burberry caps and muggin other punters at knife point and smokin crack inside the dance, and that's just the mc's....

whereas in the uk techno is the more "studenty" music, its the complete reverse here, and god knows there'sway less bitchiness associated with the drum and bass scene here - some of the things you hear techno heads who play on the same lineups regularly etc saying about each other behind each others back are staggering...

i'd be more worried about violence at a hard house night.

techno is knacker music in the uk

hard house is for the upper middle class

its all a bit strange over there to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

I got my ticket yesterday cant wait!! the carl cox and friends arena is gona be unreal ill be there all day n nite!!! :D

dont think theres **** all hard house (hard dance now) in ireland anyway. Except, maybe in the north.

Its most of the english line-up that are coming to play at Godskitchen in Ireland anyway. As you probably know its on for 2 days in the UK, Fri & sat with camping of course. So, I reckon they just thought **** it we will make another day out of it and give the Irish ****ers Sunday night.
    SUNDAY ****ING NIGHT???

anyways, if there was no drum 'n bass in the UK, doubt the promoters were arsed organising it for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

whereas in the uk techno is the more "studenty" music, its the complete reverse here,

its more or less the same here, all my mates over in DCU and a good few in the eMusicSoc are Techno heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

wow, your mates are students into techno music?

so yes, everyone into techno music is a student.

smartarse, i was just saying that techno is fairly studenty here too, no need to be a knob about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

relax.

no need to cry about it.

• Advertisement

who sh1t in your cornflakes?

i did

i thought itd be funny

now look at the monster ive created

im so ashamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Maynooth wrote:

You go and enjoy! Maybe paul might just point to you in the middle of his set and rock your world!...oooh could you imagine it...

I'd go purely for dave clarke

Clarke is a huge knacker magnet these days[this forums moderator making my argument in one](haha lenny) :) They just go to clarke cus charlo sez hes rappid and cant wait to buzz on "way of liof" and clarke actually spun it twice the last time i seen him do a DJ set. I refuse to go see him..im above the scum that pay to see him and clarke has no love for dj sets anymore.

will clarke by playin and electro & techno set like world service 2, or will he just bang out the techno?

Lots of World Service 2 self promotion and probably leaning towards electro. He was very pissed that the electro cd on the original World Service recieved no real attention[im told] and seems to launched himself on an electro for all campaign since. Evident in his "techno" sets.

whatcha think of ws2 anyway? i dont like those dam cdj's, vive le vinyl!!

VinnyL wrote:

To be honest i have not heard it Vinny. I really enjoyed both mixes on WS and im sure i will like WS2 when i get a chance to listen to it. The track listing on the techno cd seems amazing tbh and because its clarke, it shouldnt disappoint.

What did you think of it yourself?

Im not a DJ so i dont have any particular preference for vinyl or cd's. If anything the technics cd decks clarke uses look alot sexier than any turn table i have ever seen. He said the real difference between his and the pioneer cdj's is the look and i have to agree. They do look far better than the cdj's.

i thought the techo side is great, up until aobut 2/3 the way through, it gets a littl hip hoppy for my likin!

The elctro side is alright right, but again it gets a little 80's about half way true, which annoys the hell outta me!

its well worth ithe investment chernobyl, tis a good listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Qube

Gday guys (I hope I'm not digressing from the topic here)

I'm flying over from Australia on a European clubbing expedition. I'm going to both days of GKGG and I'm a bit clueless and could really use your local help...

I need somewhere to stay the night of the first night (29th). I looked at the tube map and it looks like Birmingham is nearby. Aside from sharing a tent with randoms, where is the best and most convenient place to stay? (Keeping in mind that trains stop at 10pm/11pm). Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

VinnyL wrote:

Why can you hear the difference :rolleyes:

Anyway hes doesnt use cdjs

bush wrote:
    Why can you hear the difference :rolleyes:

Anyway hes doesnt use cdjs

i just dont like cdj's myself, and when my fav dj starts usin them it annoys me!

and now he does only use Technics cdj's, he made Electric City install them when he played there, said he wouldnt use the pioneers!

VinnyL wrote:
    i just dont like cdj's myself, and when my fav dj starts usin them it annoys me!

and now he does only use Technics cdj's, he made Electric City install them when he played there, said he wouldnt use the pioneers!

Why do people call all cd decks cdj's?

The only cd deck called cdjs are pioneers. I know its anal but it does me head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Why do people call all vacuums hoovers?

VinnyL wrote:
    he made Electric City install them when he played there, said he wouldnt use the pioneers!

To be fair, its nearly a year since he did his very first all cd gig (TEN in Waterford) and insisted even then that he would not use the pioneer decks. Its well known. He actually brought 2 cd decks around with him for about 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Bri wrote:
    Why do people call all vacuums hoovers?

Or any portable cd player a discman?
    Or any harddrive mp3 player an ipod?
    Or any........

Good marketing domination and brand awareness quite simply.

• Advertisement

Giles wrote:
    Or any portable cd player a discman?
    Or any harddrive mp3 player an ipod?
    Or any........

Good marketing domination and brand awareness quite simply.

Cos there idiots. People calling every mp3 player ipod is another one that does my head in, no its not an ipod **** off. Auld people who call all games consoles playstations is another one :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pjdj

its about time we get that amount of class djs in the one place.carl cox + friends would be enough for me but gotta check out sasha plus our own little red headed friend {john power} :)

bush, your an angry, angry man :D

Ok vinyl is lovely and all that but seriously, who gives a ****. As long as the tunes are decent, and the DJ fires down a tune every couple of minutes and keeps the transitions varied, it good.

Personally I dont mind CDJs, (I use the things) and imo its much harder to scratch on than it is with vinyl.

Oh and Dave Clarke has ,sadly, gotten to be a knacker magnet. Remember he was at Oxegen 2003? When he was at the start of his set I was walking down to the campsite. This fat skanger was wobbling around shouting at people for not goin up to Clarke...nice!

Advertisement