Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 29-06-2005 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a question or two, i'm currently renting out a small unit in Kimmage, it's quite large, lets say the size of two house garages(car). The thing is it's divided up into two, there's a dividing wall and two entrances. So i'm only using half of it at the moment, and to cut costs i want to sub let the other half.

The thing is i've never done it before, so i haven't a clue where to start. I know where to advertise and stuff. But i don't know about stuff like tenancy agreement etc, where do i stand seeing as i'm not the actually owner of the property.

My landlord said i can rent out the other room if i want but he doesn't want to deal with a load of other people, just me. So if anything goes wrong, i'm the one who he'll be talking to.

Is this too much hastle to take on? It really would help me out with costs etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Advertising: daft.ie or myhome.ie

Tenancy Agreement: look at your own, and go from there. Also ask someone "in the know", such as your local infomation office, etc.

If you rent it out as 66% of your own rent, you should be OK.

Just remember, as you're the "landlord", you'll be expected to fix anything that goes wrong, which may include stuff that your landlord should have fixed, etc.

Advertisement