Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resit exams august

Options
  • 29-06-2005 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I'm not in Ireland during whole of August, so there will be problems for me if I need to re-sit any exams during that time. Will have problems commencing next year (2nd for me) if I cannot do re-sits during Aug?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ucd.ie wrote:
    A registered student re-entering for an examination, who is not registered for that course, must complete an examination re-entry form and pay a re-entry fee of EUR 193*. Students who defer their entire examination ( all subjects) from one examination period to a supplemental examination period within the same academic year are liable for a Transfer Fee of EUR 63 (non-returnable).

your best bet would be to email examinations@ucd.ie and tell them the situation. the majority of the stuff on the site is so waffly its hard to decipher exactly what is being said and who exactly it applies to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Tnx alot. I just checked my stuweb now, and the results were posted up. Passed everything, so will not apply to me this year, but good to know for 2nd and 3rd... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dolce

flodis79 wrote:
    Tnx alot. I just checked my stuweb now, and the results were posted up. Passed everything, so will not apply to me this year, but good to know for 2nd and 3rd... :rolleyes:

Flodis

Be careful - there are no August repeats after 2nd year at present and I don't think that it would change with the new system introduced from September.

I'm doing a 4 year degree (going into final year now) and quite a few of my pals got a BIG SHOCK when they realised that if they failed, they would have to wait a whole year to sit the repeats.

Check out your department requirements very carefully and good luck with the rest of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dolce wrote:
    Flodis

Be careful - there are no August repeats after 2nd year at present and I don't think that it would change with the new system introduced from September.

I'm doing a 4 year degree (going into final year now) and quite a few of my pals got a BIG SHOCK when they realised that if they failed, they would have to wait a whole year to sit the repeats.

Check out your department requirements very carefully and good luck with the rest of the course.

Oh I see.. But on the other side, now when they introduce semesterisation you get your exams more spread out over the semesters, so not the big stress in May, rite? Or will the semesterisation not lead to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Hi, new to boards, does anyone know when the repeats for first year economics are? Did anyone else fail! :eek: I got 35% :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

your best bet would be to email examinations@ucd.ie and tell them the situation.

Slightly off-topic but... I e-mailed the above address a week ago cos I was having probs wit the application form, and they still haven't bothered to rely.

So eh, I'll just ask you guys. (I know, I know, I must be nuts, relying on you ppl :D )

In the section that says Exemptions Previously Obtained, there are 3 columns: Subject, Examination, Date. I know the subject I passed goes in the first column, 'Summer' probably goes in the Examination column, but what goes in the Date column? The date I got my results???

Why is it that I can't decipher simple forms... *shakes head sadly* :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

sometimes it takes them awhile to get back to you, I didn't fail but I had a look at that form and its over complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Not sure about that Seb, even though I should know by now! I remember I found some parts of the form quite confusing, so I just asked the guy behind the repeat exams counter in administration and he was very friendly and explained it all.

Blondie86Star (where's the originality gone!), the dates for the individual exams hasn't gone up yet, but the overall dates for repeats are 8th to 26th of August. They should go up at this link fairly soon:

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/timetables/index.html

blondie83 wrote:
    Blondie86Star (where's the originality gone!)

Imitation is the highest form of flattery blondie!!!
    You should take it as a compliment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

SebtheBum wrote:
    In the section that says Exemptions Previously Obtained, there are 3 columns: Subject, Examination, Date. I know the subject I passed goes in the first column, 'Summer' probably goes in the Examination column, but what goes in the Date column? The date I got my results???

Why is it that I can't decipher simple forms... *shakes head sadly* :(
    Date would be the session at which you passed the exams you're exempt from, so summer 2005.

• Advertisement

Okaaaay....
    So what do I put under Examination then??? :confused:

You're answer only brings me more confusion! ARGH!

Advertisement