Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy : Whats next?

• 29-06-2005 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, with the recent rreports that WWE have actually asked TNA to hold off on signing him, and the fact that they have [URL=[URL=http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=122020376[/URL]asked[/URL] Matt to possibly come back, what do people reckon he should do, and more to the point, why?

Matt himself has asked the question on his own message board, so that would suggest that he is still open to be convinced as to where his future lies.

Personally, i would love to see him back in the wwe, but with that being said, I reckon it would be a poor move for him. Simply, he would come back, have the big Edge feud, and then he would return to midcard shuffle, being a big name jobber. That said, the WWE is probabaly the best option financially (assuming it is true that they now want him back).

I think he should go to TNA. Its a progressive promotion, and once it can secure a solid, regular TV deal, the sky is the limit. Matt is now probably the hottest free agent in world wrestling at the moment thats to the WWEs handling of recent events, and he could help TNA move onwards and upwards. He has all the talent to go right to the top of that promotion, and there are some nice feuds there for him just waiting, with Daniels, Styles, Raven, Monty Brown etc etc etc.

What next for Matt 16 votes

WWE
    0% 0 votes
    TNA
    62% 10 votes
    Ring Of Honour
    25% 4 votes
    Japan
    6% 1 vote
    Indy feds US and Worldwide
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great minds think alike eh, gimmick? :D

I just posted on this myself. Yeah I think he should return to the WWE. I hope it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Indeed.

Mods, can ye merge these please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I was just reading Matt's post on his message board, seems like most of his fans want him back in the WWE. One of the reasons being that if he was in ROH or TNA they mightn't be able to watch his matches on T.V.

I think he will eventually end up back in the WWE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

The whole "OMG MATT PLZ GO BACK TO THE WWE!!!!!!!11" crap over on TMH.com, to be honest, is p***ing me off. These are the people who were outraged when the whole Edge/Lita angle, who refused to watch the WWE ever again because they screwed over Matt. And now, they're all howling for him to return to the company, because it's the only place they can see him. TNA is making Impact! available for downloading. You can either see ROH on The Wrestling Channel, or buy their DVD's online.

Why be f***ing hypocritical about it? Personally, I want him to go to TNA, because Matt's worth more than what the WWE are offering him. A feud with Edge, and then when that's over, a return to mid card hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I think I am the only one who thinks Matt hardy should go to Japan - simply because he will get exposure to a large audience, he can come in on an established name - plus the way the Japanese do go nuts for the Americans over there (e.g. Stan Hansen, Terry Funk, Steve Corino, etc) - would be a financial and professionl plus to Hardy - and you never know - he may come back an altogether better wrestler for the experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

As someone said, most of the people on his board seem to be saying he should go back to WWE just cos they can't see TNA (some said they just don't know when it's on, or that it has too many ppv's..ignorance, tbh). If they're true fans, they should want what's right for Matt, not what's right for them. And what's right for Matt is certainly not going back to WWE now

They screwed him over. I do think he should go back at some stage, but not now, when he's the hottest free agent in the business. He should go do some ROH shows, some indies, have a good time. And I do think he should go to TNA, because he'd get the chance to do a high profile feud within the company. He would also attract more fans to TNA, and make a bigger name for himself. Then, if he does eventually go back to WWE, it will be as a bigger name, and he will have a better chance of being utilised properly

My fear is that if he goes back to WWE now, he'll be thrown in a feud with Edge, loads of backing behind him, the full push and everything. But then once that's over, the fans will lose interest and that'll be the end of it. And he'll be left with nothing more than the thoughts of what might have been

A big factor I see here is the fact that there's so many big names on Raw now (that's where I'd presume he'd be if he went back to WWE). HHH, Angle, RVD, Michaels, Cena, Jericho, Christian, Kane, Big Show, and the mid-card is packed full too. Matt would easily get lost in the shuffle. I know he'd have a much better time in TNA, he'd easily main-event with Jarrett, Raven, Styles, Daniels, Abyss, Monty. I think he deserves that, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Match wise I'd love to see Matt go to TNA but at the same time I'd be hesitant because I think they would push him as a spot wrestler in all sorts of gimmick matches, something that he successfully moved away from in the wwe.

Look at Jeff, in every TNA ppv i've seen he's been progressing to bigger spots, sicker bumps and pretty much reverting back to the TLC gimmick from the wwe. Now while this is entertaining I hate to see good talent like Jeff (and Matt), shorten their careers in this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Matt's a much better wrestler than Jeff though. I never liked Jeff, I only began to see that Matt was decent towards the end of the Hardy Boys run. Jeff has said himself that Matt carried that tag team. And I'd say Matt will have more leverage in what they do with him than Jeff would

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

with all the ideas being thrown back and forth for where matt should go i think the only logical place for him is ROH. this is due to the already outlined wwe plot and the fact that if tna got matt all we'd see would be hardy boyz V2.look at the tag teams they've broken up whilest trying to keep a tag team division going. where as in ROH not only would he be main event & world champ he'd be the man carrying the organization to new highs and levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You do know he's doing an IWW show here in Dublin this November don't you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement