Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Bow Wow Returns!!!

• 29-06-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

That's right, this scurge on the television watching public (starring Snack bar and Hyundai advertisement veterans) is making a return. Thankfully it's not a new series, just repeats: 11:25pm on Fridays.

But could the fact RTE are repeating it mean that they're gauging its popularity for a possible second series?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Good lord... the most disliked show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its great. RTE go on every year about how much Irish made programming they are going to show, and then we get things like this and [RTE Show of Your Choice] Revisited. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, just repeats. I won't have to make a choice between a post declaring that this proves that there is no God and a post saying that God appears to have a particularly sadistic sense of humour then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Was it just my imagination or did I read once that they made up a drug for the show, Pony or something that doesn't exist because they didn't want to be seen to promoting any drugs? Did they think the audience were simpletons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Wheels wrote:
    Was it just my imagination or did I read once that they made up a drug for the show, Pony or something that doesn't exist because they didn't want to be seen to promoting any drugs? Did they think the audience were simpletons?
    Yes, you are correct, they made up a drug for the show called "pony". Talk about cowardly. Apparently you can buy it off a posh schoolkid that you just happen to meet every time you get on the dart.

The Big Bow Wow was a series that was written by someone that learned everything he/she knew about Dublin from the magazines that came with the weekend newspapers.

Worst. Irish. Programme. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fixor

I hate this show with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Worst. Irish. Programme. Ever

I think someone has forgotten the casidys
    I wish I had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ReefBreak wrote:

No that would be The Spike. A Horror of a thing about a school in the late 70's that caused a scandal on account of nudity. I think they got three episodes out of it before it was pulled. But at least it was pulled .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

ReefBreak wrote:
    Yes, you are correct, they made up a drug for the show called "pony". Talk about cowardly. Apparently you can buy it off a posh schoolkid that you just happen to meet every time you get on the dart.

nope, pony was charlie, it was part of the dubious slang the show invented for no explicitable reason whatsoever, like calling the cops "the clancy" and it's made up trendy alcopop "vortex". Just like everyone goes to fireworks and listens to northern soul.
    The Big Bow Wow was a series that was written by someone that learned everything he/she knew about Dublin from the magazines that came with the weekend newspapers.

Actually it was written by four men, one of whom was the head of scripting in Dun laoghaire, Eamonn Whathisface in the Sindo and David Blake Knox (made nightowls) and some 26yo.

What is so funny is this the writers were so assured that the 2nd series was going to be commissioned they buggered off to the caribeanan to write it, before the show even aired. Then came the reviews.

RTE dumped it after 6 episodes, in fact what they did (and this is priceless) is hack the end credits of one episode and the opening credits of the next one, and join em up, just to get it off the air as fast as possible.

Hilariously, They didn't even remix these frankenepisodes, so you could hear the opening bars of the closing music before the ad break, and then after the next ad break the closing bars of the title music after the ad break.

No seriously, there is no way RTE are stupid enough to reguritate it during the summer when no one sees it, but, recommision? no not even RTE would dare.

Advertisement