Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"registration" fee

Options
  • 29-06-2005 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

anyone know how much it wil be this year including the ****ty levy for the student centre they throw on top.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm not sure but it was €813 last year and €733 the year before so no doubt it'll be close to the €900 mark this year.

"Free education" my fúcking hole. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

the parents won't be happy with that so especially considering I have no job :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

3900-ish for me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

€5500ish for me.

Rentboy anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Thank goodness im on a grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Why are you guys paying like a few grand? Isn't it meant to be free fees.... *cowers in fear*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

i`m kinda lucky i was paying 3000-4000 in secondary school every year so UCD actually saved my parents money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

not if they aren't an eu citizen or if they are repeating or are on a seocnd degree.

Phew. I was getting so scared for a minute there. Go EU! w00t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

€60.

(Yay grant!)

Free fees only applies to the first time round. If you repeat a year you have to pay fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

ladylotts surely you know the difference between the cost of education in ireland and in finland? irish free is not equal to the finnish definition.

zap wrote:
    anyone know how much it wil be this year including the ****ty levy for the student centre they throw on top.

It should be what it is this year (EUR750), plus an additional ~ 9.5% which makes it come out at about 820 Euro. That's before you throw on any addition charges (student levies, USI fees...)

Well to be perfectly honest I haven't got a clue about the Finnish educational system as I've moved around a lot. I lived in Finland until I was 5, moved to England for two years, moved to Finland for 9 months, moved to Ireland for 9 years and then moved to Birmingham a year ago. Where did everyone figure out the Finland thing though? Are you and kasintahan stalking me? I'd consider myself Irish, regardless of my passport.

So there we have it. The reason why I don't know about the Finnish system. Also I moved just before we started seing guidance counsellors in Ireland so I don't know the Irish system and neither do my (Finnish) parents. Hence the total cluelessness. I can tell you all about the English system if you'd like though. £3,000 a year for uni. I'd rather move out and spend that money on moving back near my friends.

i could tell you about the finnish system but i won't.

Second degree for me (balls'ed up a chemisery one, decided Arts was more my style - it was :)).

why have one when you can two?

You two, how the hell did you know the Finnish thing? I am so confused. I've gone through all my posts and don't understand. I haven't mentioned it before.

yes u did u sap how else would we know? jeez.

When? Where? Kasintahan mentioned it out of the blue before... :confused:

it's rare for me to do this but ladylotts,

you're a frickin idiot.

click here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

it's rare for me to do this but ladylotts,

you're a frickin idiot.

click here

Now thats not nice Kev, anyone can make a mistake!

no.

she makes a massive deal about it, shouting all this crap and then forgets that. unforgivable. off with her head. and blonide's for being a coconspirator.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

zap wrote:
    not if they aren't an eu citizen or if they are repeating or are on a seocnd degree.
    Going backwards for me.
    I've done 3 years of a maths physics degree... eww.
    I'm going back and taking 2nd year computer science next year. My fees are lower than Kas's :D because I'm only doing 2/3 of the courses (I've passed 2nd year maths before).

*high-fives Kas*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

What? Me a co-conspirator? Lopettaa ja laskea yhteen lies , aivan-lta se!

lopetta. doesn't that mean stop?

did u ask me to stop telling lies? i don't tell lies.

LadyLotts wrote:
    When? Where? Kasintahan mentioned it out of the blue before... :confused:

I have this thing for Scandinavian* chicks or those of any nationality with the same personality traits. When I saw some of your posts (lots) mentioning (directly or by implication) your lineage my interest was piqued.

NO! - I am absolutely, positively not hitting on you :), some things catch my attention is all.

*yeah, I know many Finns aren't Scandic - but your cultures over the last 100 years are closely shared.

scandic. that's a new one.

yeah you're right kaz, you agree she owes us an apology?

*high-fives Kas*

support_highfive.jpg

you agree she owes us an apology?

I never realised I should be offended?

*checks*

Nope, no emotional or logic damage - does not compute... :)

• Advertisement

i see how we differ.

Advertisement