Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"registration" fee

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I can't access Fashion/Appearance. I'm banned. I didn't mean it as aggressive kevin, I was just asking because I was confused and didn't remember mentioning anything recently. I am blonde though, my memory is like that of a goldfish. Sorry, but I really wasn't being aggressive, just inquisitive. You can't tell a person's tone online so faaaaaaaaaaar too many misunderstandings.

Lopettaa ja laskea yhteen lies , aivan-lta se!

I think that says "ends it and lets it together potentially be, totally *garble* it!". Lol, someone been playing with babelfish?

PS: That was in March, kevin. No wonder I couldn't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Lopeta valehteleminen. ;-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It would be great if we didnt have to pay the student centre levy - I haven't set foot in the building all year.

life is cruel.

Mista mä muka valehtelen? :p

• Advertisement

LadyLotts wrote:
    You two, how the hell did you know the Finnish thing? I am so confused. I've gone through all my posts and don't understand. I haven't mentioned it before.

Like I said, my memory is atrocious. March was aaaaaaaaaages ago. Also I couldn't access my Fashion/Appearance posts as I'm banned from there. En valehdellu. Muistini on aivan surkee.

how come you're banned? naughty. is it indefinite? did you ask to be unbanned?

hear paper strike is over?

Red Alert wrote:
    It would be great if we didnt have to pay the student centre levy - I haven't set foot in the building all year.

Heh, I have. Was in there a week or so ago. Couches looked comfy.

I was a very naughty girl. I'm not too bothered about being unbanned as I don't like forums with silly mods. I have no idea about the paper thing. I heard shops were running out of toilet paper because people were buying all of it as soon as it arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

the student centre is great spend alot of time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

LadyLotts wrote:
    I was a very naughty girl. I'm not too bothered about being unbanned as I don't like forums with silly mods.

thank god for some small mercies.

uberwolf wrote:
    thank god for some small mercies.

Eh? Me no get it...

your presence here reflects that you don't believe I'm a 'silly mod' - which I was refering to.

meh.

buttons2.jpg

Silly Puppy

Ah, indeed.

*pats Uberwolf's head*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I think the student centre has a huge amount of potential, but it needs to be under better management to achieve this. We tried to have a few club events there during the year, and everytime we attempted to book a space we were met with a brick wall - It's confusing as to why they take this stance, because it's meant to be for all the students, not just the KBC :( . The couches and all are comfy, and the tv is a good idea, but they need to cater more for club and society events if they want to fill the place beyond half four in the evening

blondie83 wrote:
    I think the student centre has a huge amount of potential, but it needs to be under better management to achieve this. We tried to have a few club events there during the year, and everytime we attempted to book a space we were met with a brick wall - It's confusing as to why they take this stance, because it's meant to be for all the students, not just the KBC :( . The couches and all are comfy, and the tv is a good idea, but they need to cater more for club and society events if they want to fill the place beyond half four in the evening

t'aint just the KBC to be fair - I've gotten to know the staff in their well in the last year or two. There are a lot of corporate events in there - I was considering running sci day in there one year but discovered some company had booked the main hall solid for a week.

They just need notice cos they busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah, its annoying though, it shouldnt be corporate, it should be for the students!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Especially seen as we're paying for the damn thing.

They don't allow student events to use the theatres in the commerce building unlike all other buildings in UCD so as not to offend their corporate sponsors :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Damn, €900 doesn't sound good :( I was under the illusion that it was completely free... Oh well, can't complain really, look at England and the likes, they have to take out loans to pay for it, and America, parents save for years to pay it. Ireland has it sweet :p So does Finland, I gather...

So, what does this money pay for? In secondary school we had to pay a "voluntary" fee every year, and it went towards sports, art, woodwork, and engineering materials... none of which I did after 3rd year, lol... Just wondering where this small fortune is going...!

Myth wrote:
    It should be what it is this year (EUR750), plus an additional ~ 9.5% which makes it come out at about 820 Euro. That's before you throw on any addition charges (student levies, USI fees...)

My apologies, it's officially 775.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Myth wrote:
    My apologies, it's officially 775.
    I can second that rang the college early last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ZigBee

The USI levy is optional. Nobody's obliged to join a union if they don't want to. In TCD for example a growing number of students are opting not to be represented by their students' union.

Student Unions engage in some very liberal politics and one does have to be careful where one signs their name these days.

So save yourself a few bob and opt out! You can always join up if you feel it necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I dont think we have that option in UCD...

Advertisement