Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop vs photopaint vs paintshop pro

Options
  • 29-06-2005 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Which of these programs is best for web-graphics i am new to the design scene not to computers, have trials of all 3 cant decide which on i want to get into, any advice please. I know at the end of the day they all do the same thing.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Most design companies will use Photoshop and illustrator.
    they are the most expensive but the do the most.
    I started using Paintshop pro which is the easiest and most intuitive at first, but it has nowhere near the power of Photoshop(or the number of tutorials).

you will be a more attractive option to companies if you know PhotoShop.

but if you have never used a graphics program before PSP is a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you have a limited budget try the gimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ianaldo

Id would have to agree Photoshop and illustrator are the industrial standard, and follow a line of other adobe products that can be linked, i think you should get used to the adobe standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i looked into using Gimp before, i wasn't too impressed with it tbh. I found it a bit fidgity!
    What do you make of it Blacknight?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

i looked into using Gimp before, i wasn't too impressed with it tbh. I found it a bit fidgity!
    What do you make of it Blacknight?
    look up gimpshop it's gimp with a photoshipish interface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

very good, nice one Cap.
    I'll check out tomorrow
    Cheers

Advertisement