Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons -V- Family Guy V.2 - The Pole

• 30-06-2005 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Sorry about this but i meant to put this up before, this is "The Simpsons -V- Family Guy" Version 2.0 - The Poll, Im going to go with Family Guy

The Simpsons -V- Family Guy?? 20 votes

The Simpsons
    0% 0 votes
    Family Guy
    100% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

family guy 100%...nothing againnst the simpsons just that family guy fits about 10 jokes in per minute

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

family guy is much funnier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

the humour in family guy is much more in your face and way more risky than the simpsons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'm gonna have to go with Family Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Fmily Guy as the simpsons have more crap episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

There is goin to be one obvious winner and its not the simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i voted simpsons because of the "old" episodes. all of you should keep in mind that family guy could easily go down the simpsons route and start churning out crap episodes in a few seasons :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fixor

Family Guy. I love the Simpsons, but it's a no contest. Peter Griffin is god.

toiletduck wrote:
    i voted simpsons because of the "old" episodes. all of you should keep in mind that family guy could easily go down the simpsons route and start churning out crap episodes in a few seasons :eek:
    But FG is already funnier than the Simpsons was in it's prime. Makes no odds what happens now, unless Simpsons comes back bigtime - which I can't see happening.

The best FG eps are better than the best Simpsons eps - bottom line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

my answer to all these polls won't change.

if the simpsons stopped at season 7-8 then it wins any of these polls.

since it didn't [insert a quality prime time cartoon] here and it beats the simpsons.

* quality prime time cartoons.

south park
    family guy
    and to a lesser extent futurama (they knew when to stop tbh).

Cremo wrote:
    since it didn't [insert a quality prime time cartoon] here and it beats the simpsons.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

E.G.
    since it didn't FAMILY GUY here and it beats the simpsons.

What?

meant to say [insert a quality prime time cartoon here]

Then it still doesn't make sense.

E.G.
    since it didn't FAMILY GUY and it beats the simpsons.

Since you seem to have immense trouble stringing a coherent sentence together - even when you try really hard for a 2nd time, I therefore deem your opinion null and void on this matter - because I don't respect the opinion of someone who can't even function on a basic communication level.

ehh what it makes perfect sense.

"since it didn't" refers to the simpsons not stopping production when they were ahead.
    [insert a quality prime time cartoon here] - speaks for itself
    and it beats the simpsons.

if that doesn't make sense then i don't know what does.

lol - unbelievable. You haven't a clue. Here is the way you constructed that sentence:

since it didn't FAMILY GUY and it beats the simpsons. <<<<THAT IS YOUR SENTENCE WITH THE NAME INSERTED. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

How does the "it" and "and" fit into that sentence?

Good God - I don't believe I have to go to such lengths to make a dumbass understand.

Fixor wrote:
    Good God - I don't believe I have to go to such lengths to make a dumbass understand.

Ok, it was wrong and I'm only realising it now, but seriously it's not cool attacking someone on a forum just because they typed something that sounded ok in their head.

Oh and no one asked you to go to "such lengths" to correct someone's english.

Now I do believe we have spent a little too long on this completely off topic matter and we should get back to the topic.

Since the simpsons carried on to make crap episodes, family guy gets my vote because they were/are still consistant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

toiletduck wrote:

That's why I voted for The Simpsons as well. The new episodes are atrocious though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

In contrast to a previous decision, I have decided to change my vote to Family Guy. Unfortunatley the later seasons are so crapola that the balance is tipped in favour of Family Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

I have to say the Simpsons as it was the original adult cartoon and most American adult cartoons nowadays steal from it in some way, shape or form. You can't deny Peter Griffin stemmed from Homer in more than one way. So for that unoriginality, I don't think Family Guy deserves to get it.

At the same time, if I was asked to choose between A) never getting to see an episode of the Simpsons ever again or B) never getting to see and episode of Family Guy ever again, I would choose A over B.

But for originality and an enormous amount of hilarity, the Simpsons deserves the vote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement