Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay away form Metalworks Galway

Options
  • 30-06-2005 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I got a tattoo done about 5 months ago in Metal Works on Shopstreet.
    It was a simple enough design a 5-pointed black star about an inch squared in size.
    Simple, or so i thought. The Guy doing it(Gordon) made a mess of it. When i booked the appointment. I paid a 10euro deposit, fair enough. I thought that this would mean when my 12pm appointment came around i would walk in a the design would be ready to apply. Gordon wasn't even in. When he did show up at 12:30pm i swear he was hung over. But he asured me it would be easy to do and only take a few minutes.

"I realise most of you are probably saying, why did you go ahead with it if you weren't sure of the bloke doing it etc."-I don't know, he told me of his 8years experience and how it was simple to do. When he put the stencil on it looked like a simple fill in the space job. Not so, i bet i would have done a better job myself. I now have to try and find someone i can trust to fix it up and not mess it up even more.

I think what i learnt from the experience is that it doesn't matter how experienced the tattoo artist is, the technique of applying the ink is a talent not a skill.

So, in conclusion i would warn you away from Metal works as a place for getting tattoo's, unless you've had a good experience with them since Vinnie left the place. In which case be sure to let us all know about it and who did it, and if possible put a pic up of the tat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I can't see the problem personally altho the pic is a little blurry so maybe I missing something. Were you hoping for more "defined" points? Tattooing is essentially drawing on your skin. What you get is not always a direct representation of a machine created and printed picture.

A machine can make perfect lines,tones and accuracy, the human hand can't altho take my advice with a pinch of salt cos I only have two tattoos and am not a very demanding person so the flaws in mine don't bother me and add to the look in many ways imo.

Advertisement