Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface Hardware

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

If you're worried about power outages why not keep an old mobile charging 24/7 - you don't even need a sim to make emergency calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Just for those who may not know:
    112 - is the number for these emergency calls (not 999)

e.g. even a mobile which has a SIM with a password - when it asks for the SIM password if you type in 112 - it'll let you make the call.
    Also, even with the keylock on - if you type in 112 - it'll let you make the call.

No harm trying dialling it (obviously don't make the actual call) just to be familiar with the number popping up and the option(s) provided, so in the event you need it you're prepared.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

shabbyroad wrote:
    I notice that the better Sipura ATAs support 2 independent lines while the Grandstream ATAs don't.

If by "2 independent lines" you mean FXS ports then both the Grandstream 386 and 496 have 2 FXS ports. Also for people on ADSL broadband who want to keep their existing analogue line then an ATA might be more suitable than an all-in-one it it's combined with a QOS-enabled router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

If having two FXS ports means that I can have a provider give me two discrete phone numbers/accounts and I can operate them on a single ATA then yes, that's what I'm looking for.

I'm only keeping my existing analogue line because I'm being forced into paying line rental in order to have broadband. but since we need a second phone line in the home office (and my employer pays for my broadband) then I'm happy enough , for now, to keep it.
    If at some point in the future I can get a second VOIP phone number I'd like to do that without having to get a new or second ATA. Would like to let the kids have a phone line so that our business and home phones aren't tied up with their yakking (plus because I'll admin the ATA it'll give me a bunch more control than with an ordinary analogue line)

Advertisement