Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difference between being reccommended & getting next rank

Options
  • 30-06-2005 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Mornin all,

Was wondering what the difference is between being reccommended for, and actually getting a rank.

I was recommened for lance corporal at the w'end but still no sign of it.

How does that work? Do you have to maintain that level of play in the same class for a certain period of time?

Cheers all

Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dunno tbh. Is some amount of point ya have to receive. Ya get a weapon unlock at lance corporal though :-)

Think need 1000 global points or sumfin. Thought ya mighta tk'd a bit but doesnt seem so. I got 54 TK's,phoenix idiots & n00bs runnin over mines :mad: Ya only have a few though so dunno.

Prob woulda been well on my way till next rank if wasnt for that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

I feel ur pain berns.

I hate it when ur a sniper and twats walk in front of your anti personel mines and then punish u for their stupidity. :mad:

In fact I think you shouldnt have the option of punishing for a tk by mines. C4 and grenades fair enough though.

Where did you get the 1000pts figure from?

You mean you have to get a weapon unlocked before you can become lance corporal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

No, you get a global score of ~1000 then you get to choose your unlock.

I got booted twice yesterday from the TiG server, first time because some [AuX] squad walked right under my artillary (Some even spawned beside thier SL), of course I got instantly booted. Good luck to them in clan games.

Next time, I used my artillary on a choke point where it seemed that enemies were *going* to come down, well, unfortunatly the enemy decieded not to after the first strike dropped, instead they ran away. A friendly jeep with 2 people decieded against that though and drove *straight* into death.
    :rolleyes:
    That's only two you say though, well after that, same point, this time caught about 3-4 bad guys with my first few drops. Then a friendly tank rolls into the destruction. He must have been low on armour because the artillary hit him and he blew up. I can understand a tank driving into arty because it usually does 0 damage, did he really have to punish me for him chancing his luck?

Did I just rant? I feel so refreshed :D

No wonder there are rarely commanders on the TiG server.

Yep, I think some people just hit the punish key automatically without checking who it was that tk'd them and how the were tk'd.

On the topic of arty. If you do get caught under arty fire, does going prone increase your chances of surviving? I find myself running for a wall and going prone. Although if i do get killed whilst prone I feel liketewat for not getting the hell out of dodge!!

When you say you can choose your unlock at 1000pts you mean you pick a weapon to unlock and then your made lance corporal?

Me thinks ill go for the sniper rifle that can shoot through helicopter window!! Sweet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

going prone has helped sometimes. might just be luck. as for the weapon unlock, i was made lance corporal last night and i didn't have to unlock a weapon to get it.

• Advertisement

You don't have to unlock as soon as you go Lance corporal. You can wait.

I would probably go with the medic unlock, or the sniper unlock. They seem nice. I took the assault one.

On the subject of rank, anyone know what Corporal requires? Either I am doing something wrong, or there is a STEEP increase in points needed after Lance Corporal.

I just read that its 10,000 for Corporal. :O

Yeah, so it seems...
    Wonder if you unlock a new gun at each new rank then.. I hope so :D

Just won't go into BFHQ for a few weeks, hopefully then it won't seem so bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

forgive me for asking a stupid question, but do you have to play ranked servers for your points to be taken into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement