Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

use the razer?

Options
  • 30-06-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Razer Diamondback or the Logitech MX518?

my friend and i are currently on hols in san franciso , he bought the logitech ,i bought the razer, wondering if people have eithe both , or had a chance to use both. and what they though of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

well, if you bought both, try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Razer Diamondback is the one for me, i had 2 mx510's before...there similar to the 518 right ?, i think the Razer is better...

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Diamondback aswell. I switched back to the MX510 for a while (my Diamondback broke) and it's odd how sluggish it feels. I guess I just prefer high sens, and the DB is so damn smooth on my (cloth) mousemat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've been using a Logi dual optical for the past 2-3 years, lovely mouse but the feet need replacing (anyone got any leads?).

I'm awaiting delivery of an MX518 (bought for the colour really - matches my Cherry keyboard). The Razors always seemed too bulky and unwieldy to me. I don't have tiny hands by any means, but I don't want early onset of RSI and wrist-strain from pushing such a lump around the mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Diamondback is anything but bulky. If anything, it's smaller than the MX518. I'll compare the two later side by side, but the Diamondback is flatter and lighter (or feels lighter anyway).

(I have small hands, I hope)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

koneko wrote:
    (I have small hands, I hope)
    :D:D

I'd say the Razer for gaming - I use an MX1000 which I find quite good, but then again I'm not 100% a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

have the mx518 meself and i love it, although i've never used the diamond back so i cant really compare

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

MX1000 is wireless isn't it?

faeg :)

wireless keyboard/mouse for media PCs and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I much prefer the rayzer for gaming.
    Buuut, each to his own, I suppose.

Advertisement