Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa's 4 Signings for 2.5 million

• 30-06-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Well I've been well impressed with David O'Leary's signings so far which have been:

Arron Hughes 1.5 million
    Kevin Philips 1 million
    Patrik Berger free
    Stuart Taylor free

IMO thats 4 good signings for that money and we know he has a lot more money so hopefully we'll get a big name or two for the midfield and defence before the season starts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Very impressive for that money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Not bad, but I thought the Staurt Taylor fee was undisclosed and not free?

Aaron Hughes can cover all of the positions at the back! Phillips and Berger should chip in with a few goals! All players with proven premiership ability! I have two friends who support Villa and they are a bit disappointed that maybe more money is not available for players!

Any news on Jagielka? He would be another good acquisition for Villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Excellent signings for Villa - David O'Leary has learned how to squeeze a few pennies at least out of deadly Doug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

1 mill is a steal for Philips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah im a big fan of phillips and hughes, good signings but theres a definite need for some bigger names to come into villa park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

hughes and taylor are fine. nothing great but nay bad for the dosh

berger and philips are excellent value imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I can't understand why you're getting so excited about the signings of reserve team players and rejects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I can't understand why you're getting so excited about the signings of reserve team players and rejects.

Well Villa have one of the smallest squads in the PL so they need to sign a few players so they arnt playing all youngesters, also wouldnt call any of them reserve team players or rejects!!!

Arron Hughes 1.5 million: Good defender and was playing a good few Newcastle games last season, can play across the back line which Villa need for backup.....good signing
    Kevin Philips 1 million: Quality striker who has shown throughout his career in PL he can score goals.....had a bad time at Southampton but was one of the top strikers 2-3 seasons ago
    Patrik Berger free: Good squad player who will replace hitzelberger(sp), can knock in a few and Portsmouth wanted to keep him
    Stuart Taylor free: Good young goalkeeper who will be backup for Sorenson and seeing as the problems Villa have had with goalkeepers is a good signing but wasnt free....there was a fee involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Villas squad is jokingly small, its unreal.
    I think Man United have three times the players of Villa, which really says it all.
    The more signings the better, if they can kick a ball they'll be useful at least to give people a break.

Also those 4 players are good signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Excited might be a bit OTT, I said well impressed, 4 good squad players for 2.5 million and 3 of them have proven themselves in the Premier League already. As I said he has a lot more money to spend so hopefully we'll see a few big signings too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement