Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Can I Have A Loan Of 9,121.42 Eur To Buy My New Pc Til Pay-day

Options
  • 30-06-2005 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=283

Yes you read it right a 7800gtx SLI system for only 9,121. euro
    will anybody ever buy this kinda rig ????and if they do how would they get out of DUNDRUM CENTRAL METAL HOSPITAL to collect it ,with out been seen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

That is just insane! Who in their mind would spend that much on a pc? Them prices apper to be well inflated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A german crowd on Ebay were selling an AMD 4800+ X2 Rig with 7800GTX SLI, base unit only for 2500 yoyos.

Scan can take a hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Inquitus wrote:
    A german crowd on Ebay were selling an AMD 4800+ X2 Rig with 7800GTX SLI, base unit only for 2500 yoyos.

Scan can take a hike.

That's only a little bit more than the 'custom paint' costs on that Scan model...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yeah, it's the Heat Sensitive paint that really raises the price. But hell, that's a crazy price for that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Jeez I thought I was breaking the bank in other in my own little world buying the dell latitude x1 laptop for 1600 euro, but this guy is simply gone stark raving bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's without monitor and without onsite cover in year 2,3 !!!

Deskside model pricing starts in the $100,000 range
    http://www.orionmulti.com/news/pr_04262005
    But it has 96 times as many CPU's as the XS pc.

or you could skimp on a 12 CPU one for €10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The fúcking eejit.

This is what happens when you've got plebs who have more money than sense and want a bling-bling machine without putting any effort in.

He should have bought a quad opteron 875 box instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'd just like to point out if anyone wants to give me €10k I will build them a superb customtised PC that looks and performs better than the Scan one.

Enquiries via PM please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Like the look of that paint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

SyxPak wrote:
    The fúcking eejit.

This is what happens when you've got plebs who have more money than sense and want a bling-bling machine without putting any effort in.

He should have bought a quad opteron 875 box instead.

WHO.... I DONT THINK ANYBODY IS BUYING THIS ??????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

read the small print dubdvd, its buy now, pay december 2005!!! way hey! no loan required.

Im getting one me and one for me gran.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

WizZard wrote:
    I'd just like to point out if anyone wants to give me €10k I will build them a superb customtised PC that looks and performs better than the Scan one.

Enquiries via PM please ;)

Now, now, you know that all dealings must be kept on thread :p

I'm wondering how exactly does the single 74gig WD Raptor in the Scan XS system differ from the ones I've got , apart from the fact that they want more for it now than I paid for both of mine last summer. It says 'Enterprise', maybe it's got a custom serial number starting with NCC-1701 or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ill buy one for everybody in the audience. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

the case costs ~£1,230!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

duridian wrote:
    Now, now, you know that all dealings must be kept on thread :p

I'm wondering how exactly does the single 74gig WD Raptor in the Scan XS system differ from the ones I've got , apart from the fact that they want more for it now than I paid for both of mine last summer. It says 'Enterprise', maybe it's got a custom serial number starting with NCC-1701 or something :rolleyes:

It's the "Raid Edition" of the drives, basically lower MTBF/fabricated to a higher standard.

Advertisement