Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Each way shot today

• 30-06-2005 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Million Percent
    Haydock

Will be around 16-1

I've been following this horse, and indeed the whole Burke family for a while and this one appears in my little notebook. Karl was asked a question last week, thursday I think, about what horses he had running over the next few days that had chances...he mentioned that this one was returning from a lay off and he expected him to go really well. He was pulled out of the race in question and instead runs today. To me, he fits the mould of a big price winner whose immediate form doesn't give him a major chance but ability and also home work might come into play.

A little each way punt is advised...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I remember Million Percent nearly winning for me on 3 or 4 occasions over the winter at Lingfield. I kept backing it thinking it would definitely win next time. It's one of those horses that always runs well without winning.

In it's favour though, it's running off a 1lb lower than it's last winning mark and is weighted to easily beat today's favourite Inter Vision based on their June 1st meeting.

I think I'll take you on with another decent price horse in Roman Quintet, who is around the 12/1 mark. He has been placed in 12 of his last 15 starts, that's some consistency for a handicapper and has the ever improving Ryan Moore on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

hmmm, was a race for the outsiders...we knew that anyway...just not our ones....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Looks like the draw had a majot part to play. 6 of the first 7 home were drawn in stalls 10-16.

Funnyily enough I had the 40/1 winner down as 11/1 4th favourite in a little ratings system I have been developing, although I never even considered backing it. I try to look at what prices I had a winner rated at after the race to see if my assessment of it's chances were considerably different.

Advertisement