Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skype problem

Options
  • 30-06-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

hey i cant recieve phone calls properly through skype in,i can here them fine,they cant here me properly though,its like the line is fine but when i talk it gets all distorted,I have tried using two different mics,they prob pieces of crap though but anyone know if iit will work if i get one of those usb voip phones?!or do i need to like calibrate my mic or something?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

What spec PC are you running?
    What internet connection do you have?

I had the same trouble with SkypeOut - international phone calls were impossible - same thing - I could hear them fine but they could only hear every third word or so from me.

Unless you're on dialup it's not likely to be your connection that's the problem; but it could be your PC is a bit slow.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Nocturnal

got a skype phone off ebay for 30 euros and now it works perfect,well worth getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

causal wrote:

Unless you're on dialup it's not likely to be your connection that's the problem; but it could be your PC is a bit slow.

I just signed up to skype yesterday. I can hear everyone fine but they can't hear me due to a faulty microphone. I'm using 64K ISDN, do you think this is too slow for skype?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

If that's 64kbps up then it's ample for skype, have a look at this post here
    for an idea of the bandwidth required for VoIP.
    "For reference skype say that it will work with a minimum of 24kbps (max 128kbps). "

It also depends on what else your upload is being used for at the time - and your PCs processor.

hth,
    causal

Advertisement