Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - Pure Gravy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Started having problems this evening,sync&rdy were constant which is A ok so im told.But not a website coming up until this very moment.

Weird. Kimmage area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Shougeki wrote:
    Anyone else here with NTL get dropouts? Was happening me all weekend?

The ready LED would start flashing constantly, instead of being on permanently, and then link would drop. Sometimes even the LED would go off altogether. Leave the modem off for a min, with ethernet unplugged, start up and wait for LED to go solid. Then plug ethernet in.

This happened repeatedly for an hour or so and was completely wreckin my head, then it was fine again. Hasnt happened since sun bout 11am now.

This happen often

Yeah, It's been really bad here (Crumlin area). It was fine up until about 10pm last night then it just died. Having a hard time even getting an ip address, it is taking minutes to get one after a modem reset. Then the connection is very slow.
    It has taken me over 20 minutes to get this reply box to appear.

Yeah, It's been really bad here (Crumlin area). It was fine up until about 10pm last night then it just died. Having a hard time even getting an ip address, it is taking minutes to get one after a modem reset. Then the connection is very slow.

Yeah Wayne had same problems like yourself it went totally dead for me lastnight around 11pm and nothing this evening when I came home from work. But now its motoring.I rang Ntl but they gave me the usual lingo....

And as soon as I hit send on that message, it came back :rolleyes:

mad m wrote:
    Yeah Wayne had same problems like yourself it went totally dead for me lastnight around 11pm and nothing this evening when I came home from work. But now its motoring.I rang Ntl but they gave me the usual lingo....

Strange. I couldn't get any sites to load up until a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Mine dropped twice tonight.

[00:29] * Connecting to irc.quakenet.org (6668)
    -
    [00:29] * Unable to resolve server

*Had to power cycle the modem.

[00:31] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
    -
    [00:31] * Disconnected
    -
    [00:40] * Connecting to de.quakenet.org (6667)
    -
    [00:41] * Unable to resolve server

If this keeps up im ringing the bastads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'd be cheering ntl, cept those 180ms+ pings i was getting to boards.ie last night, very unstable...contention has become more and more of an issue over the past few months... can still get high speeds but pings r just getting unstable.. poor QoS...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Im in D2 - temple Bar area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm in Temple Bar too and I have had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

maybe NTL are doin a software upgrade? mine sez this:

• Advertisement

Mine has been down since 4pm till now....I rang them again and the Sync was constant and the Rdy was flashing.Ntl on end of phone said they will send someone out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

rang them and they confirmed that I had been setup on the 1Mb package, its perfect now ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

GreeBo wrote:
    rang them and they confirmed that I had been setup on the 1Mb package, its perfect now ...
    Nice one.
    I wonder if they ever do it the other way - someone signs up for 1Mb but is accidently given 3Mb :D

fwiw ntl tv went down in some areas of Dun Laoghaire last night for a short spell around 10pm'ish.

causal

Advertisement