Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are there any second sight ppl out there?

• 30-06-2005 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I have recently gotten into this subject, and would like to know if there are any other boardsters who are interested in this also

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was just about to reply to you before you posted this, but the phone rang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

yeah, ok I want a serious thread about it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think "second sight" is very vague, there may be some accepted definition I don't know of, but to me it includes lots and lots of things. It could include seeing more detail around you than is normal, such as ghosts, auras or other energies, it could include visions of things to come things, or things that have already happened, it could also include seeing things which are very far away. There's various things within each of these groups and things which overalap between them. Most of them have probably been discussed here at one stage or another if you look back through previous thread titles and pick out the ones you're interested in.

the reason I wanted to know was because I went onto a different forum yesterday and saw a thread about this. they said that when you are relaxed, if you close your eyes and imagine there is a pyramid on your forhead, and if you see yellow then you have second sight. now I firstly thought all this was a crock, but I tried it anyway and saw nothing. but when I went to bed last night I tried it again, I closed my eyes and said, a la one of those relaxation tapes, y'know the ones "imagine you are on a beach..." anyway I said "imagine your eyes get sucked into your skull and you are blinded" and I kinda felt something behind my eyes, not much worth talking about tho, and the darkness became deeper then I said "now imagine you have a third eye on your forhead, open it" and my minds eye shot open and a city was infront of me, after a few seconds I realised it was Vice City (I am playing that again, to get me in the zone for SA on the pc) anyway, what I saw was clearer than most dreams I have ever remembered. I felt like I was floating aroun, looking down on the city, but then a loud noise, either around me, or in my head, brought me back to reality.

I was thinking about the noise for about a minute, because there were no noises outside, so did I imagine that, did something inside me not want me to embark on this thing? I rolled onto my back and did the same again "imagine you eyes..." I was in Vice City again, only this time I was following a car through a narrow street, and for some reason I couldn't keep myself looking straight ahead, it was always to the right. anyway after a minute I felt one of the weirdest things I have ever felt in my life, it was like a string got twanged where the spine meets the skull. that brought me back again.

this time I thought that was too much of a coincidance to be looked over, both times I went into that place, something brought me back. I decided to abide by the rule: third times the charm. so I tried it once more and it didn't work, I think because a part of me actually wanted to feel that twang thing again. I got rather peeved and decided to go to sleep, hoever I couldn't, so 10 minutes later I tried it again, it worked, but this time I did not see Vice City, instead I saw the head of a giant snake, it looked like a cobra, a flat head and that weird neck. then the snake got viscious, snapping and stuff. then for some reason the snout got longer and it resembled a badger, and a smaller snake came slithering around on the left hand side.

so I said all this on the other forum, and a girl said it was probably the Kundalini energy that is located at the base of the spine, she got this from a site also:
    - source (http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm)

Kundalini is innate for all people: At the base of the spine, subtler than the physical body, lies the Kundalini energy, or spiritual energy, in a latent form. Regardless of what religious, spiritual, or meditation tradition one follows, the awakening of this energy, by whatever name you call it, is a most innate and essential part of spiritual advancement, unfoldment, or realization. Awakening kundalini and leading it to union with the Absolute is the goal of the Himalayan sages and the path of Yoga, Vedanta, and Tantra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I dont understand. You were dreaming? What do you mean by second sight? You imagined a fictional computer game, so clearly it was a product of your own mind.

• Advertisement

but it was not a dream, I have never in my life dropped into dreamland and been concious of it, I was seeing this as if with my own eyes, I cannot describe it. buyt believe me, if I knew it was that easy to drop asleep I would be doing that every night, and like I said, twice I was brought back by something, that has never happened before when I was dreaming

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cant say Ive ever been to Vice City, but I think Ive experienced something similar, its like your mind goes into 'free flow' and random images come into your head, but you are not conciously creating them, its like you are on a journey and watching the scenery. I can accept that this could be a very creative aspect of our imagination, but for me its usually a 'practice lap' or warmup for spirit communication and I find that after a few minutes of it Im getting specific images and communication. Even when that doesnt happen I its relaxing and kinda fun. I dont know about the base of the neck or kundalini energy, I know the least thing will bump you out of this state tho, and its more like intense concentration than dreaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

Soooo... a lucid dream?

Lucid dreams are great. They're unbelievable fun. They don't imply any kind of second sight or paranormal abilities or anything like that, although many people with those kinds of abilities do use them as an effective tool. Maybe the best thing for you to do right now is to read up on lucid dreaming and see if you can learn how to have them on demand. Cos that's fun. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It sounds like a form of lucid dreaming alright, given that unfortunatly vice city doesn't actually exist anywhere it must have been a product in some way of your imagination. Lucid dreaming has often been linked with out-of-body experiences and astral travelling, whereby you're stepping out of your body and into the astral plane. In the case of lucid dreaming your subconcious can affect what you'll see there. You can find more info on this at MysticWeb, there's probably better sites out there you can find by googling 'lucide dreaming'

thanx, dudes, I did a google last night and found a great site called Dream Views , I believe it was a lucid dream, and also I have experienced these before, but only a few that I can remember. I have gotten really interested in the subject now and am going to start practising dream recall, so I know if I had a lucid dream or not, and then work on the lucid dreams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement