Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Sync Problem

• 30-06-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Problem:
    I'm on the Nutley exchange.
    My DSL sync light went off two evenings ago and hasn't come back on since. I've tried resetting and rebooting the router (Netgear DG834GT) and unplugging and reseating the phone line. No joy at all.

What I have noticed is that there is a message waiting on Eircom's message minder service which beeps down the line when I pick up the phone in the house. Problem is I don't have the password for the message service so I can't listen to the message. (Rented house/landlord provides line).

Could this beeping be causing the sync to fail?

Anyone else experienced similar or have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

My parents were on the same exchange (now with NTL). Their connection constantly disconnected and they aren't the best for checking messages. I never thought of checking this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you have the dsl filters in place, then no it shouldnt.

Could very well be an exchange fault, or a modem fault.

Advertisement