Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[G.F.F] 32 player BF2 server up and running .

Options
  • 30-06-2005 4:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, we at clan [G.F.F] GUNS FOR FUN and www.jarhedz.com have been so impressed with BF2 that we have put up a [G.F.F] jarhedz BF2 32 man server.
    We are a multigame fun clan who enjoy the fun side of gaming.
    Find us @ fozzy.jarhedz.com:16567 or 82.71.218.99:16567 .
    Also join our BF2 Team speak channel @ fozzy.jarhedz.com.
    Chat to us on our GFF forums on www.jarhedz.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

Alright, no more waitin to get on the TiG server!!!!!
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it ranked though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ill be their tonite, possibly wearing bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

goddamn it cully , I can't afford the game yet !

Just so you guys know you cant find the GFF server through the ingame menu at the moment, you have to connect through the IP addy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

is it always on?

if so i add it to server list.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah its always on Kdjac.
    Its actually a 16 man server as its run off the same box as our 20 man COD UO server.
    Its up for a trial period,after that it may go to 32 player or another box all together.
    Either way ill update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sounds good, has to be better than the tig server who like to kick and ban for no reason at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Sounds good, has to be better than the tig server who like to kick and ban for no reason at all???

People get automatically kicked for a certain amount of team-killing and the ban is only for a few minutes so when the round is over it's not a problem to get back in.Other times players will be removed to make way for [TiG] members so no-one should/can have a problem with that.High pings will also result in a kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

d22ontour wrote:
    People get automatically kicked for a certain amount of team-killing and the ban is only for a few minutes so when the round is over it's not a problem to get back in.Other times players will be removed to make way for [TiG] members so no-one should/can have a problem with that.High pings will also result in a kick.

Done a bit of research and apparently its quite common so i'm not too worried now. It appears that tks are carried over from previous rounds so even if you only get 1 tk per round you'll eventually get kicked :rolleyes:. Got back on the tig server aswell so i'm happy now. There issues aswell with friendly players names appearing red :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Dropped by last night to have a look at it. I was getting serious lag on it with ping rates of 200+? I had been playing on a few UK servers with no bother so not sure what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

If its as good as your german front mod server was ill definitely have a game :D
    Just so the G.F.F lads know aswell, my clan (NRG) got a 32 man bf2 server up and running aswell, yourselves and any other boards members are more than welcome any time, should be a good gaming night tonight i think :D
    ip is: 195.62.10.170:16567

Dropped by last night to have a look at it. I was getting serious lag on it with ping rates of 200+? I had been playing on a few UK servers with no bother so not sure what the story is.

Hmmm was ok for us on early yesterday evening, checked just now with hlsw and im pinging it at 40 ms.
    Ill look into it m8.
    I will admit we are having some teething problems what with the server actually being a 32 man but only showing up as 16 man but our server guru says thats sorted now.
    Also i noticed lastnight we were all crashing to desktop upon map change for some reason,we are looking into this.

Also cheers Deadwing,ill add ur server to my favourites in hlsw and ase even though we cant connect with them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

No bother. It was around 00:20 last night if that's any help. Only one on the map. Had a blue screen myself this morning so it maybe something on my setup after tweaking a few things although as said I had been playing other servers before hand with no problems. When will I leave well enough alone? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

i'll be doing the rounds of these servers later, jerks.
    Regards,

Fisty.

kinkstr wrote:
    Just so you guys know you cant find the GFF server through the ingame menu at the moment, you have to connect through the IP addy.

You can now find our server by typing [G.F.F] into the filter.
    I was getting a ping of 40-50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Nice one Cully.
    I have to sort out my broadband before I can start playing. Getting bad pings and slow downloads. :(
    Could do wih a new graphics card too. My 9800 is starting to chug a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The whole automatic punish if you don't forgive should be reveresed imo.
    I assumed the device is supposed to get rid of people who intentionally tk quicker, hence if someone is tk'in you you will take the time to punish them.

Most of the time I forget to forgive a tk so the person gets a punish. They should get an automatic forgive if you don't punish/forgive yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The whole automatic punish if you don't forgive should be reveresed imo.
    I assumed the device is supposed to get rid of people who intentionally tk quicker, hence if someone is tk'in you you will take the time to punish them.

Most of the time I forget to forgive a tk so the person gets a punish. They should get an automatic forgive if you don't punish/forgive yourself.

The command is admin.tkPunishMode 1/0 (0: Punish Mode - Players are punished by default, until the victim forgives the TK, 1: Forgive Mode - Players are forgiven by default, until the victim punishes the TK), though it needs a sensible admin to implement. Read through the console commands sticky, there's some good stuff in there.

Im sick and tired of eejits running over my mines i lay down and not forgiving.
    They dont even give you a chance to say sorry and im well pissed off about it.
    Sort it EA ffs please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Dcully wrote:
    Im sick and tired of eejits running over my mines i lay down and not forgiving.
    They dont even give you a chance to say sorry and im well pissed off about it.
    Sort it EA ffs please.

shouldn`t be up to you to say sorry,the first thing the gimp should do is apologise himself...theres no excuse for it in bf2 BIG fook off skull and crossbones no need to press "Q" ffs :mad:

Just to update guys,our server is up and running hassle free at last.
    We had a few teething issues but all seems well now with a full server.
    Someone asked if we were ranked earlier,sorry m8 no its not ranked.
    TBH ranks dont make the fun on server any more or less,we hate statwhores anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I hope with the release of BF2 (and its such a great game) that more Irish teams start appearing. Its been a fairly lonely existance for TiG & NRG on the battlefeild scene and more competition is definately the order of the day. GFF starting a team>? and I hope 1stIB are in the running also.

possibly a mini Irish league run via boards would be cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

GFF starting a team>?

Guns For Fun, [G.F.F], are a multi gaming clan (i.e CoD, Bf2 etc.). We play for fun, not for the "glory" or the stats. So, no, I suppose would be the answer to your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Arabel wrote:
    We play for fun.

Dosn't everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Arabel wrote:
    We play for fun, not for the "glory" or the stats.
    I likewise will play for fun (when I get a new rig), but EA has developed a bug whereby you must become a stat-whore to unlock weapons :(

Ah well: the stock sniper rifle will do me just fine.

Id presume there will be a way of having all weapons unlocked on particular servers?
    Or am i living the impossible dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

kinkstr wrote:
    Id presume there will be a way of having all weapons unlocked on particular servers?
    Or am i living the impossible dream.

You can modify the python server files that come with the game. However by doing this it can result in EA/Gamespy removing you from the gamespy master server list and your server will become invisible to peoples.

Cant say im suprised EA are taking that stance, heaven forbid players would have extra weaponry without going through the whole ranking process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I hope with the release of BF2 (and its such a great game) that more Irish teams start appearing. Its been a fairly lonely existance for TiG & NRG on the battlefeild scene and more competition is definately the order of the day. GFF starting a team>? and I hope 1stIB are in the running also.

possibly a mini Irish league run via boards would be cool?

Yeah NRG are sick of whoopin TiG everytime :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement