Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[G.F.F] 32 player BF2 server up and running .

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Winters wrote:
    You can modify the python server files that come with the game. However by doing this it can result in EA/Gamespy removing you from the gamespy master server list and your server will become invisible to peoples.

Wouldn't this only apply to ranked servers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Was that not for the demo servers, or does it apply to the full retail servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I was on G.F.F BF2 server last night. Had a great game. Then our electricity went. Kinda went downhill from there... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah NRG are sick of whoopin TiG everytime :rolleyes: :D

Yeah its getting embrassing now! haha!!

ANyway will try server tonite! finally got system back up and running after the SATA devil killed my drive!! back to IDE for a week or 2!!!

Will see u online so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Was that not for the demo servers, or does it apply to the full retail servers.

I'm assuming this also applys to the full servers but I cant be 100% sure.

also .... rofl @ nrg. Nice wan ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arabel
    We play for fun.

Dosn't everyone?

True but what Arabel means is that we dont bother with leagues or matches.
    We are a bunch of mates who enjoy gaming together as we grew bored of serious clanning.
    We have nothing against serious clans its just we have taken the other route.
    Less headaches and a lot more fun for us atleast.
    GUNS FOR FUN the real FUN clan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When the patch comes out that supposedly supports other browsers unlock your server then.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Loobz wrote:
    I was on G.F.F BF2 server last night. Had a great game. Then our electricity went. Kinda went downhill from there... :p

Same here loobz, that was one big powercut, i was in the middle of a battle and all :(

kinkstr wrote:
    Same here loobz, that was one big powercut, i was in the middle of a battle and all :(

Should have thrown more turf on the fire to get her going again :D

Was on last nite,.......great laugh guys!!! good group on server......anyone that was on it get kicked at 9 or did the server crash? was working fine and then I was off and couldnt ping the IP or anything!!!

• Advertisement

I was on before an 9 and after 9.
    The server didnt crash Nelly m8 as the lads on TS would have told me if it did as most of them were on from 7pm to 12 pm or so.
    How many times did you own me from the heights of your chopper lastnight lol ?

Dcully wrote:
    I was on before an 9 and after 9.
    The server didnt crash Nelly m8 as the lads on TS would have told me if it did as most of them were on from 7pm to 12 pm or so.
    How many times did you own me from the heights of your chopper lastnight lol ?

Maybe I just had a drop out! will try again later!! was a good laugh!!

Yeah was whopping ass at times in chopper!!! was a great laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

yea good game last nite lads, nice directions from cully, and some nice shooping from my 2nd pilot in the chopper, we did a fair bit of damage, pity the box aint ranked lads, but it's not the end of the world. prob will drop by again 2 nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I say f*ck ranking and have fun. leave ranking to the stat whores

Deadwing wrote:
    I say f*ck ranking and have fun. leave ranking to the stat whores

Yeah I have started to think the same!! only really laugh would be on the TIG server if I was getting RANKED but I cant connect so staying on NRG or GFF server and having a good game and abit of crack is my moto from now on! haha!

each to there own

I agree ,rankings is becoming annoying.
    People seem to play just to be statwhores and to have a bigger penis then the other guys.
    Its getting like CS tbh,i even saw a guy on a server typing "statsme" lol.
    Theres nothing wrong with ranked servers ,its just the general BF2 statwhore culture thats emerging which pees me off.
    Lads pop onto out TS channel for some mad laughs,fozzy.jarhedz.com is addy.

i prob should drop by, but then again i cant hear **** over the chopper any way even when u were giving ingame commands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It is a case of each to their own , but I reckon at the start alot will go for the ranked servers to unlock the different guns just to see what they are like . After a few weeks it will settle down and you will be back to the ppl who just want to play and have fun . Mine is supposed to arrive today , once installed , I'll be going where the fun is and where I know ppl , and onto servers where I know the game will be played the way it's supposed to be , be that TIG , GFF ,NRG or our own when it's up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Big Nelly wrote:
    Was on last nite,.......great laugh guys!!! good group on server......anyone that was on it get kicked at 9 or did the server crash? was working fine and then I was off and couldnt ping the IP or anything!!!

Was working fine for me all evening Nelly, last nite was the best nite so far, fook ranking. The GFF server is a perfect example of not needing the ranking system to have a superb game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ranking or not. Great games depend on who is playing.

Do meny people on the server try to use that VOIP button or is it TS only?

We use TS anyways ,comes in handy when u kill someone u know is on TS :)
    We also use in game squad based voip .

ok thanks !

I normally set up TS to be voice activated but I guess push to talk would be better or else when I use the VOIP, it would be heard on TS also.

Hmm, now I'm thinking that I can bind a key in TS setup to mute TS. If it was the same button for the VOIP I could maybe disactivate TS and enable VOIP at the same time !

Advertisement