Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First next gen GTA screen?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

What this actually means is anyone's guess, but we like to think that the next GTA will have some kind of MMORPG-type element to it.
    I can picture it now... having to kill another 500 pedestrians so you can level up :rolleyes:

Hey, there's a dead fly floating in my coffee... and I'm not sure how long I've been drinking around it.
    Note to self: look in mug more often before taking a gulp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

that thing about animals, aren't they (and children) excluded from the series because of the possible uproar from groups such as the ISPCC, PETA etc.?

I've always figured that if and when GTA wen't online it would have to be very MMORPG-esque, rather than just a few maps for you to kill other people for a while. Rockstar have said before any GTA online would be a whole game and not just a tack-on for the existing model. If they did make a MMORPG GTA any geek image of the genre would be destroyed instantly and it would be the final step towards making the new online wave the next progession of games. But 5 times the size of SA? sweet jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

flogen wrote:
    But 5 times the size of SA? sweet jesus!
    Nice. Think of the car chases.

It'll be drive-by's, road-kill, mass murder... Excellent.

Think MTA... sweeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Intriguing. I can't really see myself driving for 5 times the size of SA which might make an hour and a half to drive across? Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

multiplayer GTA where you have proper gang on gang warfare would be sweet (dunno if it's in the article i'm 2 lazy to read it right now)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm...looks kind of european sorta...maybe UK? They said they'd maybe do the next one outside of the US. As for online...I've often thought or tried to think how it would work and tbh it would be a very different game to what we're used to (IMO)...
    We keep being told that online is the future for all gaming...why? Single player games are equally as fun, if not more so in some cases.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

flogen wrote:
    that thing about animals, aren't they (and children) excluded from the series because of the possible uproar from groups such as the ISPCC, PETA etc.?

Forget about them. The problem would be the (Film) Censor, and the related law.
    flogen wrote:
    I've always figured that if and when GTA wen't online it would have to be very MMORPG-esque, rather than just a few maps for you to kill other people for a while. Rockstar have said before any GTA online would be a whole game and not just a tack-on for the existing model. If they did make a MMORPG GTA any geek image of the genre would be destroyed instantly and it would be the final step towards making the new online wave the next progession of games. But 5 times the size of SA? sweet jesus!

If or when they ever go online with GTA, knowing Rockstar they'll have three versions - a single player, a all action based multiplayer, and a

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

PLEASE!! 1960's LONDON AND MANCHESTER!!! (makes sense gta: london only orignal gta city not touched)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

does anyone know for sure where the next one is set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

will it still b a playstation exclusive for almost a year before going to xbox and pc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Probably a fake - like come on , one screenshot appears out of nowhere???And the people in that picture are 2d pictures stuck in there too.
    Don't get too excited about it yet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Marts wrote:
    does anyone know for sure where the next one is set?
    Or when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Gamesradar are updating the story saying Rockstar have confirmed it's fake.

Advertisement