Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIB vs Anything else?

• 30-06-2005 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Ok i am very comfused. I getting good and bad vibes bout IIB. I've gone with it and waiting for it to arrive now. Have I made a good decision. I living in Bray area, FACTS people i want facts!! Speeds pings from round that area or just general honest opinions, Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Ok i am very comfused. I getting good and bad vibes bout IIB. I've gone with it and waiting for it to arrive now. Have I made a good decision. I living in Bray area, FACTS people i want facts!! Speeds pings from round that area or just general honest opinions, Cheers

IIB are a good bank, very competitive in the Homeloan market but have cautious underwriters....

Any chance you might be looking for facts on IBB?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Yes That Would MNake Soooooooooooooo Much More Sense!!!!!¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

After 7 months of IBB my answer is: avoid if possible. Why? Well there are just too many bad reasons to point out... If you want to find out yourself, subscribe. After 2 weeks you'll know what I mean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

hell i know what you mean after 24 hours and i knew after 30 min im using my 1meg eircom instead of my 2meg ibb thats how bad it is
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

get out now man while ya still can, if ya have any other option take it. Im getting rid of my IBB. 7 months with them 2 major problems, took 2 months to fix the first am now 7 weeks on my second problem still not fixed and they are still taking 48 a month from my bank. Now there is facts. No wonder they want to be paid by DD, with the service im getting I would not have bothered to pay them myseld. Am canceling my DD soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

To be honest, you would probably get a better broadband service from IIB (the bank). IBB is totally useless. I've been with them for about 18months (no alternative) I've had about 2 months of decent service within that 18 months, my latest problem is just over 2 months old. the problem: Low download speeds, lower than dial up sometimes, 20-25% loss when pinging boards, response times 100-400+ ms when pinging boards. Reported over 2 months ago, 7 emails (non replied to) several calls to support, several promises to be called back (no one has).

The thing is, it's not the signal strength because I can ping my local gateway 100% 1-3ms. They have just totally oversubscribed.

Stay away from IBB, cancel now while you have the chance. Go find a real broadband supplier

** Please note broadband is used in the loosest possible terms when referring to Irishbroadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Adey2002 wrote:
    ** Please note broadband is used in the loosest possible terms when referring to Irishbroadband.

Loved that comment. As they say "It's funny cos it's true!"

Advertisement