Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Firefox in work

• 30-06-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to use Firefox (v104) in work as a replacement for IE6. I've copied over the proxy URL to the connection settings in Firefox's options but it's not doing the job. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

proxy url or proxy ip address ?

can you see inside the PAC file and use it's settings ?

wpad - good keyword for google.

some ways browsers get settings
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/web-browser-auto-proxy-configuration.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Thanks for the help. I had a look at that page, most of it flew over my head though :) Don't know anything about a PAC file either. I'll try to get my head around it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

did the pac file have any ip addresses in it like 192.168.0.10 or 10.0.0.254 ?

Advertisement