Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The wire

• 30-06-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

Series 3 is starting on TG4 on Monday 11 July at 10.30 with a repeat on Thursday nights. :D:D:D:D

Series 2 is starting on FX on Wednesday 27 July for anyone who missed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Thanks for the info...Umm...Ill have to buy a load of tapes,record season 3,wait until late July(really annoying) for season 2,then watch season 3 on tape after it,because God know how long it will take FX to get season 3 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I missed this show first time round so after seing it recommended here I got my "cousins" to send me the first 3 series :D I am still on season 1 so I have plenty to watch over the summer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Season 3 is just as good as the first two seasons. Don't watch it out of order though - make sure you've seen the first two seasons before or else you'll really do yourself an injustice and be confused. Great great show.

ixoy wrote:
    Season 3 is just as good as the first two seasons. Don't watch it out of order though - make sure you've seen the first two seasons before or else you'll really do yourself an injustice and be confused. Great great show.

Ye i know...hence the recording season 3 first :D lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oddly enough, shortly after posting this I asked my cousins did they have the first season. Four hours later they had delivered it to me. I love them very much :)

• Advertisement

lol...ye those good ould cousins :D

We have all new HBO shows starting again...the wire and deadwood etc,but I just watched the Carnivale finale again tonight and I am so pissed off they axed it! Its just a show you cant stand to be left hanging like that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bought the wire season 1 in HMV (yes, BOUGHT!!!) for €50 over the weekend.... seems like a great series. Pity series 2 R2 isn't onsale until October....

50?? it was about 85 where i saw it! :p

did you buy it without actually seeing it?

I read about The Wire a few weeks ago, and did some www research on it. Reviews were 99% positive, so I had a look for it over the weekend. It was €69 in HMV, so I said feck it... I'll give it a chance. They cashier in HMV told me that it should be cheaper than that, and retrieved a copy of it with a €49.99 sale sticker on it. Watched the first 2 episodes of it, and I really like it, its a great show.

• Advertisement

fair enough! lol Ive never bought a season of a tv show before Ive seen it...but you made a good choice,the wire is great,and gets better,I actually thought the first 3 eps were kind of slow,but it got a lot better after that. McNulty is cool :D good old drunken irish sterotype :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got me the first season.

Will start watching it when i get through Wonderfalls.. and let ye know what i thinks then!

PS - no good shows to watch right now!! :( All over for the Summer - Lost, Veronica Mars, The Inside (been axed), Arrested Development. And to top it all off, Family Guy seems to be getting worst week after week.....! :mad:

I'm watching The 4400, The Dead Zone, Hells Kitchen USA, Beauty and the Geek, The Closer, 30 Days, and Big Brother Australia.

Broaden your horizons :)

I especially recommend 30 Days. Its a documentary/RTV show by Morgan Spurlock (the guy who did Supersize Me - living on McDonalds for 30 days). The premise is "What else can you do in 30 days?". Episode 1 was living on minimum wage, episode 2 was taking HGH/testosterone/exercising to restore youth, and episode 3 was changing religion (to islam!). Very entertaining stuff, and the exact same format as the movie. Episode 4 is on tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    I'm watching The 4400, The Dead Zone, Hells Kitchen USA, Beauty and the Geek, The Closer, 30 Days, and Big Brother Australia.

Broaden your horizons :)
    Quite busy there mate!

Can you recommend any of those (non-reality based)? The Closer any good?.. that's the Kyra Sedgwick one, right? Never got into The 4400 or The Dead Zone.
    TmB wrote:
    I especially recommend 30 Days. Its a documentary/RTV show by Morgan Spurlock (the guy who did Supersize Me - living on McDonalds for 30 days).
    Yeah.. heard of it before and i was looking for it off my cousins. But couldn't find a tape anywhere!

I have to disagree about Family Guy...its been good,not as good as it used to be,but its been funny.

Im also watching the Dead Zone...which is a great show basquille. Do you have Sci Fi UK? They are showing seasons 1-3 back to back every weekday starting in 2 weeks. Its well worth getting into.

tvnutz: I'm disappointed that the deadzone have moved away from
    the Stilson storyline
    . Still a great show, though....

basquille: The Closer is a very good show (Kyra is great), but the music really annoys me (they have incidental twangy bluegrass/blues music playing in the background for most of the show and its starting to grate). Get one off your cousin and you'll see what I mean. It looks (so far) like the episodes are standalone. I'd prefer some kind of thread running throughout all the episodes to strengthen relationships with the characters, like the abduction/Webb history in The Inside (RIP).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

TmB wrote:
    tvnutz: I'm disappointed that the deadzone have ...

I'm not disappointed about that, I am however disappointed that I have just READ it.
    Fukking hell, SPOILER TAGS. How bloody hard is it to do. The programme has never been shown on any platform available here, it is not a close call. This is a Television forum not an Illegal download forum, if you want to discuss all the stuff you got from your 'cousin' (that is so funneh) then anything vaguely resembling a storyline goes in spoiler tags, if that is too bothersome then why not see how receptive the admins are to a "stuff I just got on bittorrent" forum.

Point taken.

Re The Dead Zone
    I don't think they have moved away from the Stilson storyline,it has still bene left wide open. and if you look back at previous seasons,it usually starts of with his story,the middle of the season it moves away from it into individual stories,and then goes back to it at the end of the season. It will return. I think its a great show anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

McNulty, you legend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement