Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most embarrassing dvd

• 30-06-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

what the most embarrassing dvd you have in your collection.

mine would have to be Titanic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blair Witch 2

Was in xtravision and I was buying Romper Stomper in the 2 for €25 deal, and basically picked Blair Witch 2 at random just to take advantage of the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

naughty little nymphos 9...

what?

on vhs it has to be batman and robin...its for a drinking game we play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

If Only and even more embarrassing there was a tear in my eye watching it. I'm SAD :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What's the game, BlitzKreig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Jeepers Creepers.... what a crappy pointless film.

Altho, it is in my collection I didn't buy it. I think I may have swept it up wilst moving my dvds from my last house... wish I'd stolen something good :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Um....The Day After Tomorrow....

I know, I know....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

American Pie 2!

What's the game, BlitzKreig?

numerous...one is wehave a pint each and we keep adding drinks to our pint every minute the film is on until one of us laughs (the goal is to make the other laugh with smart allec comments etc) when you laugh you drink your pint in its current state...if you last the roughly 30 or so minutes needed to fill a pint you elect someone else to drink your pint. Think Mystery science theatre except with booze. Difficulty level varies on what drinks you choose and mixing is totally acceptable.

variation is just adding to their pint everytime someone cracks a good joke and all of us drink our individual pints at the end.

Then simply there is the catchphrase game where we drink whenever arnie says a catchphrase line...

some of these games we play with Judge Dredd and Star Trek 5 as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Ali too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Mine, and I must point out that I didn't buy this, is that god awful vin diesel movie Knockaround Guys. Good Lord what a terrible piece of garbage.

• Advertisement

haha...i feel better about mine now...again i say haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Blair Witch 2

Was in xtravision and I was buying Romper Stomper in the 2 for €25 deal, and basically picked Blair Witch 2 at random just to take advantage of the offer.

lol i had the same problem. i was buying ronin so i just got saving private ryan to make it seem like a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Probably some cheap ufo or nu-image b-movie trash like "They have returned" or "Dark Waters"

so cheesy though you gotta love them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leprachaun 4: in space. Thought it would be so bad it's funny. Was obviously too sober to be watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Leprachaun 4: in space. Thought it would be so bad it's funny. Was obviously too sober to be watching it.

Thats bad, obviously you haven't seen Leprachaun 6 : Return to the hood (or whatever the feck its called, dreadful film being the point!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Pretty in Pink

Amazon reccomended it to me. To be honest it's alright, but the case is pink.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bring It On. I can't even claim I'm watching it for the cheerleaders..

my friend had this really insane one which was a zombie flick with aliens and some punk band....except it was all japanese and had musical moments and everything Unbelievably crazy stuff...watched just the trailer for it and decided for the sake of sanity and image we would not watch the film itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Troy! nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

debbie does dallas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Sense and sensibility-twas a pressie from my godmother-bless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Gone in 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

RPM

Its a really cheap David Arquette, Famke Whatsherface flick.

Avoid like the plague!!

Its gone in 60 seconds without a hint of a budget or anything-

I'm surprised it made it to a film ever

Probably a tax write off for some director or production company somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    on vhs it has to be batman and robin...its for a drinking game we play.

I have this and 'Batman Forever' but in fairness it was part of the Batman boxset that was on sale last Christmas in Hmv for €20. How could I turn that down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    my friend had this really insane one which was a zombie flick with aliens and some punk band....except it was all japanese and had musical moments and everything Unbelievably crazy stuff...watched just the trailer for it and decided for the sake of sanity and image we would not watch the film itself.

That's 'Wild Zero' I think.

Ontopic:

A woefully bad anime called 'Violence Jack' which I have since given away.

Runner up: 'Bully' ..Larry Clark, nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

U-571...I know, I know.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This is a great thread for myself to find out who will need to be culled when I go on a banning rampage. And owning 'U-571' is not something I'd have admitted to as a result ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

ixoy wrote:
    This is a great thread for myself to find out who will need to be culled when I go on a banning rampage. And owning 'U-571' is not something I'd have admitted to as a result ;)
    Ah, I was young, foolish blah blah.
    * "Taxi for Shamrok!"*

A woefully bad anime called 'Violence Jack' which I have since given away.

Ha! I only got that as an excuse to see excessive anime violence. It worked. But what a crock o' crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Men at work :cool:

it's actually a fairly decent movie (in a cheesy-early-90s-emilio-estevez kind of way...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Blood Surf - bought for stoned laugh at it cos it's so bad nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Probably Slackers...though in my defence Cool Ethen still cracks me up when I watch it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Scratch Acid, Damn you! Bully, IMO, is a great film! It's really edge-of-your-seat stuff!

Mine would have to be "peggy sue got married" (my houses dvd collection is mine bar a few of my mothers...)

worse then owning a really bad dvd...is having the urge to search for one.

I want to see a certain bad movie so much i am willing to fork over cash for it but i cant find it.

I want to see Super Mario Brothers. Cause i was a little kid when i saw it and now i want to rip it to bits.

(also the 1996 version of Island of Dr Moroue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have xXx on DVD :o but I have a good reason for getting it. I was in England and Virgin had a 5 for £30 offer on. I picked out four decent ones and spent half an hour trying to find a fifth. In the end I gave up and picked up the next film I recognised, xXx was it.

I also have Plan 9 from Outer Space, but this is actually The Worst film ever made, which makes it OK to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

A film called the ultimate ninja that my bro picked up for 2 euro(on dvd, not secondhand) in a dodgy poster shop of talbot street. Its directed my this dodgy director named Godfrey Ho who used a cut and paste technique whereby he basically cut up five different movies and mixed them all into one horrible messy piece of crap.

Many say films like Gigli or plan 9 from outer space are the worst ever but I can truely say in all honesty I believe this to be one of the if not the worst movie ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭zippo22

Gladiator. (In my defence it came free with the DVD player at the time.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I bought underworld on a 5 for £30 deal where I couldn't find a 5th film.

pos with few redeeming features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

zippo22 wrote:
    Gladiator. (In my defence it came free with the DVD player at the time.)

C'mon Gladiator is far from an embarissing movie (unless your talking about the boxing one with Cuba Gooding Junior).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Vertical Limit (came free with the dvd player though)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Leprechaun, and the original Batman film (not Tim Burton's one - I'm talking about the one with the inflatable shark and the POW! CRASH!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Wild Wild West !!!! Forgive me I know not why I bought it I bloody hate Will Smith!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Babybing wrote:
    Many say films like Gigli ......
    Ha, would anyone actually admit to buying Gigli? Now that could possibly be the most embarrassing DVD to have in your collection. I used to have Vanilla Sky, not a particularly embarrassing film to own, just not one to be proud of. But I tossed it in the fire so now I don't have to worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With my dvd player (some alba one got for 50e) came about 15 dvd's each with 4 movies on each of them and they're the worst pieces of **** ever. have watched a few just for comic drunken nites but they really are woeful. will take a note of some of them at lunch and post em up. They're called the moviestar collection i think and most of them have some dodgy actor (matt le blanc, lorenzo lomas to name but 2) before they made it to any degree. Im actually positive i could make some of them better myself!

Also Violence Jack. And the Whistle Blower (to be honest it came with a magazine, never watched it, for all i know its the best movie ever..has robert redford i think...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sigh - My worst has to be 'The Time Machine' - u know the one with Samantha Mumba. G'sss it's the biggest load of crap ever. Perhaps though that claim could be made of 'Showtime' - with Eddie Murphy and Robert De Niro, a load of crap too.
    Both reccomendations of a workmate of mine- lesson is to never listen to him again!

Xithus - you have a lot to answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Either "Crossroads" or "I still know what you did last summer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

tman wrote:
    Men at work :cool:

it's actually a fairly decent movie (in a cheesy-early-90s-emilio-estevez kind of way...)

s/lap ... thats one of my fav movies .. yes it's cheesy , but it's supposed to be.

Voilence jack is just plain bad , but my bro got it as a chrimbo gift , and we managed to talk one of my other borthers into watching it on his own ... he was disgusted ;P

as for the worst movie in my collection , ummm .... prob Fight club .. but the reason is that when i brought back the "Special edition" it had no dvd disc's inside it ;P

Megatron wrote:
    Fight club ..

Philistine!

Advertisement