Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ ?

• 04-07-2001 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

I think it might be an idea to write a FAQ, I see the same questions coming up again and again.
    "How do I post images?", "What's this karma thing?" and so on.

Perhaps a nice big flashing link at the top of every page would catch most peoples attention.
    Granted there will be those spesuhl people, but I think it would reduce the number of silly questions.

I suppose it could also answer recurring questions that are not actually boards related.

<Edit>
    *sigh*

I'm so doggone blind... disregard please...

Heh, perhaps make it bigger and flashier ?
    Its obvious other people haven't seen it either smile.gif

<Edit>

[This message has been edited by moist (edited 04-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

About posting images, I tried posting an image in a post http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum15/HTML/000517.html and it shows up on my computer fair enough. But when I went to check replies when in work, it wouldn't show the picture. I come home, and I can see the picture again. Can anyone tell me whats going on? And can I post a picture or movie from my harddisk?

"Only two things are infinite,
    the universe and stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

"Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, where they have all the experience"

TheWolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You need to upload the image to a web server and use the URL of the uploaded image in your post before others can see it.

confused.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

If you try to post an image from your PC. Then you'd have a path like C:\wolfspics\pic.jpg right? Well we can't see that pic because its on your computer and that path only relates to your machine and the stuff on your hard drive. If you want us all to see it then you'll have to upload it to the web eg. www.madeupurl.com/wolfspics/pic.jpg.

OK so I'm not too good at explaining things but I hope this helped a bit.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Thanks Puck, now i get ya. But the picture was I posted was actually a picture on a webpage, but when posted my computer is the only one that can see. It just be easier to post the link to it, but it makes more sense when you put it in as a picture. I went back through the code on the link, and its fine, and it shows on my computer. Can anyone help, this is driving me nuts!!!

Albert Einstein

"Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, where they have all the experience"

TheWolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Put up the link of the post that the img is supposed to be in and we can all have a look at the code.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

http://www.geocities.com/nielsdekok/images/13.jpg

Was going to save it for humour, but it seemed appropirate there...

Albert Einstein

TheWolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's the problem - GeoCities don't allow other servers to load files from their servers. The image will work if you copy and paste the URL into a browser.

Advertisement