Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boards?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomo:
    Well as far as I know most admin do not deal with complaints, they do deal with tech issues etc.. But far be it from me to question you bard wink.gif</font>

Huh? Feel free to question me...

Administrators and mod's *do* deal with complaints- it's part of why we're administrators or mod's and it's also, as I said, a function of this board (making those complaints).

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I'd be well into the politics board. It would be great to be able to have a political discussion without having to see 'greatest ever..' type posts or just general spam - Im sure there are several, christ loads. of people here who would contribute to such a place properly

Come general election time we can milk the political parties for banner adds smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maybe an education board or somtin to do with school and college cos there is quite a few students online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Would we really discuss education though?

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

NO I dont think so any way stupid reason for a board smile.gif

• Advertisement

Devore What about some where for room's to let r house's for sale ?? r house's for sale ???

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

You could post on interesting ways of cheating... err not that I would do that... hehehe

"Only two things are infinite,
    the universe and stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

"Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, where they have all the experience"

TheWolf

Accommodation board would be cool.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Finally some one thinks I am right smile.gif there is hope yet smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Has this idea of a politics board been abandoned? if not I'd volunteer to mod.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crash&Burn:
    NO I dont think so any way stupid reason for a board smile.gif</font>

Actually crash Ive seen many q&a in different boards about exams ands so forth

I've noticed them too but now that the exams are over (college, leaving and junior certs) there aren't many posts about them (if any at all). Seems that if we were to have a board for students it would be used to discuss things that are discussed already on other boards and would only concentrate on college and school learning and exams for about 3 months out of the year.

John (yes THE John!)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

How about a Health/Medicine board? It could contain posts about say for example Castor post about his eye surgery, so if people want to know about a certain procedure, alternative medicines instead of certain drugs, to ask for information on how to cure certain illnesses eg. home cure for hangovers etc. Just a thought...

"Only two things are infinite,
    the universe and stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

"Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, where they have all the experience"

TheWolf

How about a Travel Board?

John (yes THE John!)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Puck:
    I've noticed them too but now that the exams are over (college, leaving and junior certs) there aren't many posts about them (if any at all). Seems that if we were to have a board for students it would be used to discuss things that are discussed already on other boards and would only concentrate on college and school learning and exams for about 3 months out of the year.

</font>

Hmmm im not to sure about that seeing as how there has been no base for it,

Maybe once a School/College board was made people would introduce new issues?

Advertisement