Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would happen if...

• 30-06-2005 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

you just cancelled the DD to IBB for their crappy service? what could they do?

anyone done it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

INAL, but they could probably hold you to breach of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

If you signed a contract for 6 months/ a year whatever and breech that. They can easily make you pay the entire contract duration fees even if they cut you off for not paying the bill.

Hence the reason they make you sign the contract for a certain amount of time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭medO

madrab wrote:
    you just cancelled the DD to IBB for their crappy service? what could they do?

anyone done it?

Let the **** take you to court if they will. If someone sells you something and it doesn't work as advertised or not at all, they have no right to your money. Period.

You'd hardly stop the DD if you were receiving the quality of service that you believed you contracted for, would you?

medO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Not if they aren't providing the service the contract promises. Email them and tell them that you are cancelling it because of the poor quality of service.

Besides, if their support is anything to go by, I doubt they would even notice the DD being cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

As Adey said, you gotta go the formal way of cancelling contract. You can't just cancel the DD because then you are in breach of contract too. Just ring them, if you get nothing, get onto ComReg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

not at that stage yet, but im just wondering if anyone has done it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

medO wrote:
    Let the **** take you to court if they will. If someone sells you something and it doesn't work as advertised or not at all, they have no right to your money. Period.

You'd hardly stop the DD if you were receiving the quality of service that you believed you contracted for, would you?

medO

The above is exactly what I'm going to do next week if that new radio they're coming out to install on Monday doesn't resolve ALL my problems. Fed up now. Paying nearly a grand a year for a connection that does not permit me to play online and which speeds can easily be beaten by a BT/Eircom 512k connection that cost 70% less? F*ck'em now! They had 3 months to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

The above is exactly what I'm going to do next week if that new radio they're coming out to install on Monday doesn't resolve ALL my problems. Fed up now. Paying nearly a grand a year for a connection that does not permit me to play online and which speeds can easily be beaten by a BT/Eircom 512k connection that cost 70% less? F*ck'em now! They had 3 months to fix it

Well tell 'em then to either take it and replace it with a pwo modem, or just take it away full stop. Once you mention "ComReg", the Sale Of Goods and Supply Of Services Act to them, the chances are they will either *miraculously* cure your problems, or will go all wimpy and cancel the contract.

Advertisement