Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me deserves opinion, no?

• 27-06-2001 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

How come a load of stuff I post is deleted or Trolled just because I think different to the average person?

My 'COMMUNISM FOREVER!!!' Post was an attemp to have a political discussion but instead it was trolled and oppressed, Hymph!!!

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'One day I will be Tánaiste, but I will always be myself' - Digital Tilmitt/Princess Garnet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Digital Tilmitt:
    How come a load of stuff I post is deleted or Trolled just because I think different to the average person?

My 'COMMUNISM FOREVER!!!' Post was an attemp to have a political discussion but instead it was trolled and oppressed, Hymph!!!

</font>

That Communism Forever post didn't start well. As I recall, in your very first post you said "I want to bomb the world trade centre"... frankly, when you say something like that, what do you expect? It's incitement to hatred and it's a typical start to a typical troll... 'nuff said.

If you'd worded it differently and actually asked for an intelligent political debate, you'd probably have gotten one. Seriously!

It's not always your fault if your posts get chucked or moved to trolls, - it can quite often be that you start out with the right intentions but the post just degenerates into pointless crap, at which point any right-minded moderator will give it the heave-ho. (On the other hand, it can be quite often completely your fault!... just mind how you go...)

All I can suggest is that you think about what you say and how people will react to it a bit more before you type it and re-read what you say before you hit "submit"... try to decide if it's possible that your thread could end up in trolls based on what you're saying or how people might reply to it... and DONT post it if you think it could.

Cheers,

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one. Your 'Communism Forever' post got trolled by me because the inital post was complete drivel, nowadays I would simply delete it.

Likewise I deleted your pathetic 'Stab City' post because you ranted like a twelve year old recycling opinions you've heard other expressing, and generally came across as a complete vvanker.

Will that do?

Start topics in Humanities (at least) by all means, but if you start them in the manner you did the two aforementioned, they will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    ...you (Digital Tilmitt) ranted like a twelve year old...</font>

Actually, I think that he's only 14.

Anyhow, that's no barrier to having an opinion or making good posts, as long as they're carefully constructed. I don't agree with his views at all but I'd like to see him learn to express himself properly.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

See my response to your stupid crud on Castor Troy and Humanities.

When you learn not to jump in simply to post *something* then you will be another step to not having your posted deleted.

DeV.

Urkkk...

Jebus DeV. I thought you were talking about me there for a second. My blood ran cold. As it happens I had second thoughts about posting at all to this thread. Once I had half a reply written I thought: "This is mods business, why should I get involved?" but I decided to finish the post anyway.

Till I rememembered I hadn't posted on the other thread I thought that I was candidate for a "sensible mature poster embraces spam" story...

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

GRrrrr arrrrgh smile.gif

People get this idea from me that I'm some kinda fascist ogre. I've just explained myself to Hendrix about this.

I will listen to ANY reasonably put opinion/argument from anyone. Age, creed, gender is irrelevant.

But I wont tolerate muppets because they poison that free flow of exchange.

Anyone is welcome to put forward their opinions on the admin board. If we didnt want them we'd lock this as a private mods-only board.

Jaysus if I didnt want to hear people's opinions what the hell was I thinking when me and cloud and the gang started Boards.ie lol!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

People will fight the power where ever there are people that have power. And the Admins and mods have the power *raises sword aloft*

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

Ahem.. umm... where was I...

Boards.ie looks professional so some posters might think there's some big corpo behind the whole thing and thus react according. (The truth is of course that it's running off a 286 laptop under Clouds bed. wink.gif )

Dammit I had a point here somewhere but I can't help giggling about that post from "He-man" looking for free-weights on For Sale a while ago. AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

(amp performs Retrieval of the Duffle in G Minor)

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Everyone on this board has a right to an opinion and Dev has said this more often that not. If u want to start a serious political disscussion then by all means do, but you don't do it by saying 'I hate Capitalism, lets burn the World trade Centre and Nuke the Pentagon' and leaving it at that. Tell us why u hate captilism, why u think commumism is good etc. Don't make bold statements without facts. It just leads to trolling. Form you argument intelligable and more than enough ppl here will join in a sensible debate.

Also if Final Fantasy is one of the things that inspired u the most, you seriously need a reality check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kix:
    Actually, I think that he's only 14.

</font>

I'm 13.......

'One day I will be Tánaiste, but I will always be myself' - Digital Tilmitt/Princess Garnet.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keeks:
    if Final Fantasy is one of the things that inspired u the most, you seriously need a reality check.</font>

It inspired me cause I am in a similar situation, rebelling against Capitalism is just like rebelling against Shinra. Its very hard but if you keep at it someday justice will be done......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

It inspired me cause I am in a similar situation, rebelling against Capitalism is just like rebelling against Shinra. Its very hard but if you keep at it someday justice will be done......</font>

o my, that was painfull to read, at 13 what exactly do you think you know about capitalism to want to rebell against it,

people like you that make it easy to take the **** out of people with a reall goal in life

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    o my, that was painfull to read, at 13 what exactly do you think you know about capitalism to want to rebell against it,

people like you that make it easy to take the **** out of people with a reall goal in life

</font>

Hey, I watch all the Political Programmes and I know plenty about Capitalism and its flaws.

I am not a typical self-obsessed 13 year old and I hate People like you that ignore me because of my age. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can't have an interest in Politics and it doesn't mean that my opinion doesn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Personally I think your lack of political apathy unusual but admirable. And in fairness comments slagging your age or your interest in FF (Final Fantasy not Fianna Fail wink.gif ) are unhelpful.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

[BJust because I'm young doesn't mean I can't have an interest in Politics and it doesn't mean that my opinion doesn't count.
    [/B]</font>

Well said.

DT, I'd enjoy discusing communism with you some time and having a chance to present my thoughts on the subject.

It's a discussion that I had many times with a friend of mine when we were round your age. He was pro-communism, I was not.

Hopefully, you'll come back with a reasoned post on Humanities one of these days and we can talk it out.

K

Advertisement