Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Led Zeppelin playing Live 8?

• 30-06-2005 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

Im going to the London Show, and my friend said they were playing with Jason Bonham. He's probebly lying, but if he's not, that's be the greatest thing ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope they ain't on the bill. But The Who and the Floyd are, what more do you want? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well it is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the who are playin 2. ah god damn it

hey wait they aren't on any of the bills. still gutted about floyd though they are the band i would do anything to see

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Don't want to start a panic, but did i see some kind of very dirty rumour on here not 3 days ago about Floyd playing Marley Park in September???? as in the Live 8 is the start of them touring the original line-up again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

:eek: please please please. where did you read this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I doubt we'll see Led Zep, and Pink Floyd are pretty much gone after this gig. They're playing 3 songs at Live 8, one being Wish you were here :( Comfortably None aswell, can't remember the 3rd.

Breath is the third track. All the tunes are a bit on the sad/reflective side. still I guess they were'nt ever going to play "Careful with that Axe, Eugene"!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I met Jimmy Page last week at Audioslave in London,.. He's been in the press a lot lately, doin somethin with the queen, he's also doin the riffathon in september i think. goin to Stairway to Zeppelin in Dundalk tonight... should be good from what I hear of them

Whoops, Breath out and Money in! I guess they had to do that one for the US audience.

Full UK line up and songs
    Sir Paul McCartney and U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

U2: One

Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You

Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Sir Elton John (introduced by Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Bitch is Back

Sir Elton John and Pete Doherty: Children of the Revolution

Dido: Life for Rent, White Flag, Thank You

Stereophonics: Songs to be confirmed

REM: The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts

Ms Dynamite: Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass, Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves, Sweet Dreams

UB40: Food for Thought, Red Red Wine

Snoop Dogg: Songs to be confirmed

Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

Joss Stone: I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love

Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama

Velvet Revolver: Songs to be confirmed

The Killers: Songs to be confirmed

Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

Mariah Carey: Make It Happen, Vision of Love

Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You

The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

Sir Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road

Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement