Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karma System Issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

believe me mate, you have no idea.

**too much info**

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 05-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Hey WWM. This is completely OT but sorry to hear that you're having such a ****ty time of it m8...

K

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Logic...

All server's have a few people with rcon... It's not a common thing for it to spread, and if it does it can easily be countered by changing the pass and re-issuing it to the trusted admins of that server...

Same goes for these Boards (to an extent) and the community MOD...

Bob is an admin for the boards, and a bloke you can never NOT trust... And him being the 2nd Leader of the clan, deserves the password, so that he can keep the forum clean and tidy in any absense of mine...

Im sure the Karma Issue can be nullified...

Surely you can prevent Comm Board MOD's from issuing karma!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All server's have a few people with rcon... It's not a common thing for it to spread</font>

Rope as far as I know I've been around the servers alot longer than yourself and also have rcon on most of the irish servers. Over the past two years about the most common thing to happen is that people give rcon to their mates when they get it. I couldn't count the amount of times it's happened. It's all too common. People should be a hell of alot more careful with their passwords all round.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Getting back on topic, I've disabled the moderator account's ability to change Karma.

John.
    --
    sub doKarma {
     if ($in{'UserName'} =~ m/MOD[0-9][0-9][0-9]/) {
       &StandardHTML("Community moderators are not allowed to change karmas.");
       exit;
     }

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement