Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE skipped a Third Watch episode?

• 01-07-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or have RTE fúcked up big time by skipping an episode of Third Watch - they appear to have skipped the episode where
    CT Finney commits suicide
    ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Im in the middle of tonights episode and I came on to ask the same question! Wtf? Its official! RTE are complete idiots! Its not like it could be too graphic or anything,they show it at 12.10 ffs! ugh,Im just glad I have already seen the whole season already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

yeah the morons in rte have done it again , i thought i had missed an episode until i checked on tv tome , the one that was supposed to be on tonight is on next week according to sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

fitzdragon wrote:
    yeah the morons in rte have done it again , i thought i had missed an episode until i checked on tv tome , the one that was supposed to be on tonight is on next week according to sky
    Pure idiocy. I hope someone gets sacked for this.

Give RTE a piece of your mind here:
    info@rte.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Not by any means the first time they have done that, I remember one occasion where they showed the second part of a two part story two weeks in a row never having shown the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buggles

Thank God it wasn't just me, I thought I'd lost a week again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

What are the chances they'll show what was meant to be tonights episode next week?

This is the reply I got from them...
    Many thanks for your E-mail, please note, all episodes of series 6 of Third Watch are going out in the correct order - this is as per the running order given to us by Warner Brothers, from whom we buy the series. We also have viewers who view all episodes of all series before they transmit to ensure that all episodes are correct and transmitted in order.

?????
    Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie

If I have said it once ...... Please Please Email the Head of Scheduling and RTE TWO.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

:D

Many thanks for your E-mail, please note, all episodes of series 6 of Third Watch are going out in the correct order - this is as per the running order given to us by Warner Brothers, from whom we buy the series. We also have viewers who view all episodes of all series before they transmit to ensure that all episodes are correct and transmitted in order.

This is a load of ****/CRAP.

During the RTE's run of Grounded For Life serval of the back to back episode (2am in the morning) when out back to front.

tvnutz wrote:
    This is the reply I got from them...
    That's just brain-dead. What kind of idiots are working in that place?

• Advertisement

Ye it is a joke,and Elmo...I did e-mail andrew fitzpatrick at the e-mail you gave,but the reply I have posted didnt come form him. It was forwarded to someone else who gave me that reply. So he doesnt even seem to look at them.

Ye it is a joke,and Elmo...I did e-mail andrew fitzpatrick at the e-mail you gave,but the reply I have posted didnt come form him. It was forwarded to someone else who gave me that reply. So he doesnt even seem to look at them.

He mustn't be happy with all the emails he is getting from Boards.ie members.

:D

He should take some responsiblity about complaints. IMO.

Perhaps we should start emailing noel.curran@rte.ie Head Of TV.

CC all emails to AF to Noel :D

lol elmo,im surprised he hasnt sued you :D lol you seem to post his e-mail all over the place! but ye he should be taking some responsiblity!

tvnutz wrote:
    lol elmo,im surprised he hasnt sued you :D lol you seem to post his e-mail all over the place! but ye he should be taking some responsiblity!
    You can't be sued for giving public domain information in a public forum, no more than you could be sued for posting someone address and phone number from a WHOIS query on a website domain.

You could be sued however if you encouraged harassment of the individual using the contact details provided. Making a complaint about scheduling to the head of scheduling of RTE is not harassment, but telling him for example that you're going to "eat his dog" if he doesn't do something about the problem would be harassment.

So keep it civil and leave the pets out of it.

How many Third Watch Threads are there?

I would watch it if it was on at a better time. It is a good show. Deserves as much respect as ER.

OFDM wrote:
    You can't be sued for giving public domain information in a public forum, no more than you could be sued for posting someone address and phone number from a WHOIS query on a website domain.

You could be sued however if you encouraged harassment of the individual using the contact details provided. Making a complaint about scheduling to the head of scheduling of RTE is not harassment, but telling him for example that you're going to "eat his dog" if he doesn't do something about the problem would be harassment.

So keep it civil and leave the pets out of it.

I was joking! :rolleyes:

Elmo wrote:
    How many Third Watch Threads are there?

I would watch it if it was on at a better time. It is a good show. Deserves as much respect as ER.

IMO...its better than ER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ye i was really annoyed when it was cancelled,there is so much other crap on tv.

I think season 1 is out in japan,but there is problems with the music rights or something like that. We didnt get season 1 of ER until 9 years later,or was it 8? :confused: It was a long time anyway! I still havnt seen seasons 1 or 2 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

rte are fools. i would not beieve those emails at info@rte.ie. they've given me wrong dates and time for csi all the time and andrew fitzpatrick never replied to my emails. they told me csi would be back in july but i'm not getting my hopes up.i better off buying them on dvd. we are not being listen to. i think we should a start a petition, a petition to tell them to sort out there scheduling then maybe they'll start listening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

and in recent times it has swapped 3rd watch for repeats of old documentaries about the Pope and James Joyce recently, who in the name of god is going to be watching a doc about the pope at 12:30 on a Thursday evening.

Well it was on about the time he died (within a couple of days).

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Another thing that really irks me :mad: is they insist on advertising the shows 24, Lost, Rescue Me and C.S.I. NY with clips from the upcoming episodes.
    It ruins the episodes and I've nearly caused myself a serious injury diving for the remote so I can change the channel.

Well I prefer add advertising new episodes then the TV3 policy of showing the same add every single week. So you never know if its a new episode.

Also its standard pratice to have Previously on ..... and Next Week On ..... I don't understand why these are removed from shows.

Re your complaint about Episode 13 of Third Watch being
    shown out of sequence last Thursday, RTÉ has scheduled
    a double episode for Thursday 7 July.
    Episode 12 - "The L Word" will be shown at 11.55pm
    followed by Episode 13 - "The Other L Word".

We regret the disappointment caused to you by last
    week's mix up.

Best regards
    Mary Byrne byrnema@rte.ie
    RTÉ Information Officer

Woot! Nice to see our complaints didn't go to waste.

At least they admitted it,unlike saying to me that they didnt make a mistake!

tvnutz wrote:
    At least they admitted it,unlike saying to me that they didnt make a mistake!
    They had said the same thing to me. Something like "I want to reassure you that the correct episode was broadcast last night". Idiots.

• Advertisement

It is bad when the Scheduling manager does not admit that the mistake was made but an Information Officer does. Who's responsiblity is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

has anyone else noticed how badly cut movies are on rte to accomodate ad breaks

once when they were showing 'silence of the lambs' they had an ad right in the middle of hannibals liver chianti speech

and during die hard bruce willis throws a computer down a lift shatf cut immediately to an ad for fairy we come back six minutes later and everything is on fire

Yeah RTE do have a bad record with Adds during movies.

IMO Movies should only have one break during them and it should be for 10mins. Two full breaks at the most. Totally off the side of stevejazzx post :D

But I believe they have got better over the last number of year. I generally don't watch movies on TV unless I really want to see it. BBC for me or cinema or DVD.

Also the worst has to be going to the NEWS during a movie. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

slightly off topic also..
    Great to see some reaction from RTE. I was sick of contacting them over the years over f**k-ups regarding scheduling of TV progs.

RTE's coverage of Live 8 really annoyed me tho', when Live 8 coverage finished from London, the reporter on RTE 2 (Will Leahy, I think) announced that RTE would be broadcasting to the wee hours of the morning, showing the Philadelphia leg as well as out-takes from the other shows worldwide.
    Next thing the coverage is ended and back to their normal scheduling without a word of explanation.
    Typical RTE !!!!

Anyone remember when RTE first started showing stuff in widescreen? They had white/grey bars top and bottom for over a year.

Seem to be a lot of incompetence goining around RTE.

It's even been affecting RTE radio for at least the last year - you'll be listening to Joe Duffy talking rubbish or 5/7 Live and suddenly a half second burst of music will come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Elmo wrote:
    Yeah RTE do have a bad record with Adds during movies.

IMO Movies should only have one break during them and it should be for 10mins. Two full breaks at the most. Totally off the side of stevejazzx post :D

But I believe they have got better over the last number of year. I generally don't watch movies on TV unless I really want to see it. BBC for me or cinema or DVD.

Also the worst has to be going to the NEWS during a movie. :mad:

Have to disagree on that, IMHO think they've got much worse, they show more ads per movie now than sky one, I've timed their ads on and off during movies I've watched as a result of growing frustration with something that seems to have spiraled out of control, most notably their Wednesday films, firstly the placement of the ads, like wtf?, does anyone in there actually have any appreciation of films? They could not possibly choose better moments to destroy any atmosphere/suspense/drama. During the odd paranoid moment sparked by some homegrown I’ve been almost convinced it was a few media students on summer placement doing it for a laugh just to try and really p*ss me off! Anyway, whether they are trying or not they succeed so so well. Second point as to the length of the ad breaks, when a movie starts at 9.35 (5 min late due to 10 min of ad's), then cuts at 9.47, back at 9.55, cut again at 10.10, back at 10.25 etc etc, tends to ruin the whole point of having a film shown in the first place. Those are true times by the way, at the next ad break I gave up and went to bed. I've frankly got a bit sick of RTE's ad policy, they even threw ad's into their coverage of Live8 ffs, in poor taste I thought considering the whole point of it was to highlight global poverty and the need to stop it, not allow stations to take advantage of high ratings and chuck in ads between bands.

End Rant ;)

• Advertisement

i did include the form response from the first email in mine, anyone else get a response?

Re your complaint about Episode 13 of Third Watch being
    shown out of sequence last Thursday, RTÉ has scheduled
    a double episode for Thursday 7 July.
    Episode 12 - "The L Word" will be shown at 11.55pm
    followed by Episode 13 - "The Other L Word".

We regret the disappointment caused to you by last
    week's mix up.

Best regards
    Mary Byrne byrnema@rte.ie
    RTÉ Information Officer
    Mary has sent round another email saying now that the double episode WILL NOT be shown because of the bombings in London today.

I guess that makes sense...an extended news 2 program or something?

tvnutz wrote:
    I guess that makes sense...an extended news 2 program or something?
    No, actually the two episodes in question deal with a terrorist attack so they "don't think it would be appropriate" to show it given today's event and that they review the situation to see if it's appropriate to show them next week.

Oh right...ummm i guess...meh,i dont know,sure in the US,didnt they deal with 9/11 in the show? :p

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    Oh right...ummm i guess...meh,i dont know,sure in the US,didnt they deal with 9/11 in the show? :p
    But they didn't deal with it on the day itself.

Ye? Ummm i thought it was pretty close,most shows start in september right? anyway,ye id say i cant argue with the decision,not that many people are going to be watching after 12! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yet another example of why I have stayed away from Rté's coverage of third watch. Seeing episodes out of order would have just pissed me off glad I have them all on my pc :)

Damn all this talk has made me want to watch it again...

*Goes off to watch the last episode* :)

te crime,im glad i already saw the season,and i have the last ep saved as well :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Looks like it is deferred again tonight. Bit if a joke really. I can understand them not showing it last week but get a grip people.

so they showing those double episodes tonight 14th?

went away for a week so thought i would have missed it anyway but seems not?

this is the mail i got

I regret to have to inform you that RTÉ will not be showing the double episode of Third Watch tonight as they contain bomb scenes and terrorists and RTÉ would not be comfortable transmitting them due to the bombing in London today. The situation wil be reviewed to see whether we will be showing it next week or not.
    Yours sincerely

Mary Byrne
    RTÉ ainformation Officer

btw did anyone notice if, i think it was utv, showed the film siege last thurs or friday?I saw it in the listings and wondered if they'd cancel it, its a film about a bus hostage act gone wrong and then they decalre marshall law in new york and round up all the arabs, dodgy film... did they show it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

I was looking at Aertel earlier and on both RTE and TV3 tonights Third Watch isn't down on the TV listing.

It *seems* that the double episode will be shown tonight. According to NTL digial anyway...

Aertel agrees with you:
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p171.htm

about time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement