Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking to buy a DV cam!

• 01-07-2005 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have about a grand to spend, so can anyone point me in the direction of a good all round camera for making both short films and docu style films.

Should I splash out more money on a hdv cam or should i get a decent enough cam for roughly 800 bills?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Personally I'd save around 4 grand and then go shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

You can get an ok enough camera for alittle over 2k - look for a 3ccd camera. I've got a canon xm2 which is a semi-pro camera (can't change lenses) but does the trick for capturing events like weddings etc... (€2200) - Had to splash out a bit more though to over some problems like sound, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, save some more money before looking.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

I dunno, get a bit more and splash out on an XL2.

Even better, since their release the XL1 (a fantastic lil bit of sex) has dropped in price big time. You can catch sum great deals for them on ebay. Id probably stick with the US site as electronics can be hundreds less in my experience, just make sure u get the PAL version.

Advertisement