Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N Gage wont turn on

• 01-07-2005 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Ok, last nite, i turned off my ngage and when i tried to turn it on again, it wouldnt, i get a slight flicker from the didplay nd all but then it goes dead. Battery was fine the last time i checked nd i recharged it since, without notification from the fone. Does anybody know whats wrong or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

you need to get your phone flashed at a nokia repair centre or operator repair centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

meathawk wrote:
    you need to get your phone flashed at a nokia repair centre or operator repair centre.
    It wont work, I have a N 6680 and it was showing "Phone startup failed..."
    They tried to connect the phone to the computer to flash it but the phone was not detected so they could do nothing for it. I quick search on the internet found a solution.

Place the phone on a flat surface, then press and hold:
    "SEND (green call button) + 3 + *"

While holding these three buttons, press the power button and keep them held, you may get a message saying "formatting" you may get no message, when the phone starts up, or requests your PIN, let go and you should be back to the state when you first switched on the phone.

What you have done is formatted the phone's user area, and restored its factory settings. It worked for my 6680, and should work for you. If it does not, you will need to bring it back either to the store that you bought it from or the Nokia Service Centre, they will send it off to get reflashed.

CAUTION: Connect the phone to a charger before doing this, You will lose all information stored in the phones memory but the memory card will be untouched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Classic N-Gage problem, more then likely needs to be flashed at a service center, happens to alot of Gages....

Normally happens after you install something, like an .sis file, that corrupts the firmware or something else dodgey that affects the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

Ok, last nite, i turned off my ngage and when i tried to turn it on again, it wouldnt, i get a slight flicker from the didplay nd all but then it goes dead. Battery was fine the last time i checked nd i recharged it since, without notification from the fone. Does anybody know whats wrong or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

well kevin, the same thing happened tomy n-gage yesterday, did you have any applications downloaded from the internet on it, that was the cause of my problem, the woman in the o2 shop said it.
    let me know!!
    talk tya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It wont work, I have a N 6680 and it was showing "Phone startup failed..."
    They tried to connect the phone to the computer to flash it but the phone was not detected so they could do nothing for it. I quick search on the internet found a solution.

Place the phone on a flat surface, then press and hold:
    "SEND (green call button) + 3 + *"

No way? I got that message on my 6680 so I sent it into repair and they replaced the logic board to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Yep, the NSC in waterford told me that the phone would have to be sent away but since mine was insured I was going to go to CPW and get them to replace it. I did a quick search on the internet and one site told me that pressing those three buttons works for the 6600 and newer. I tried it and the phone started up and asked for the PIN, I left go and the phone was asking me for the timezone, it was back in its factory condition.

The reason that it works is because the phone has three memory areas.
    The ROM, can only be flashed with the correct program and AFAIK cannot be affected by any program or virus that can be installed by the user.
    Flash Memory, stores the users settings and the phones programs, this is the area that can get corrupted leaving your phone dead, like mine was.

When you press the three buttons the phone erases the Flash Memory and copies the base programs from the ROM back to the flash and you are back to where you started when you first switched your phone on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

If your in dublin try sigma fonefix
    st margretts road
    finglas west
    dublin 11

Advertisement