Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First BF2 Patch

Options
  • 01-07-2005 9:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Available July 4th it seems

Link

Update 1.01 Coming Soon
    That's right, the first Battlefield 2 Update is coming your way very soon. We've kept quiet about this update so far, but today we're going to reveal the major fixes coming with the Update. The best part is, every fix in this update is a result of Community feedback on the demo and retail game release.

Fixes

-Fixed issues that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

We've added some new functionality and buttons to the Multiplayer Browser that make finding an open game of Battlefield 2 much, much easier. Issues users have encountered involving zero ping servers or browser hangs have all be addressed.

-Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Some functions previously were not available to be rebound in the Controls Options menus. These items have been added to make rebinding of functions much easier.

-Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Users who rebind the Left Mouse Button to "Move forward" rejoice!

With these fixes and more, it should be much easier to get in to a game of Battlefield 2 and that much easier to play it the way you want to play it. Look for this update to be deployed into battle some time next week!

Linux Server Build
    Many of you have made us aware of issues with the previously released retail Linux server (2442) in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments. DICE has finished work on a replacement build and QA has been working hard to validate something that we can release to the community. Our goal is to get a fully operational version of the Linux server out to the Community ASAP. Stay tuned to this spot for updates.

BF2 Editor Update
    Those of you who have been watching this space over the last couple of weeks are aware the BF2 Editor was intended to be released to the Community by the end of June. While we feel we are on the homestretch now in terms of being able to release a complete Battlefield 2 Mod Development Toolkit, we will not be able to meet our previously stated goal. At this time, we are committed to getting the Open Beta of the Battlefield 2 Editor released some time in July. Stay tuned to this space for more details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Kdjac showed me a server running with the updated .exe a few days ago it had a new map called nightfight playing and apparently there will be 1 other new map as well so all in all this should be a good patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

New maps already? jaysus i still dont think ive even played all the retail maps already!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Thanks be to god.That multiplayer interface was/is the pits.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

From EA :

The issues fixed in the update address the most significant problems the game has which affect the most users.

CTD issues that are not related to the Linux server build are, more often than not, hardware rather than software related and in most cases once the cause has been identified can be solved individually rather than through patching.

Issues regarding TK punishment, vehicle/infantry collision damage, hitboxes and a lot of the other current list of "please fix this" reports we've had are down to game balancing and refinement rather than bugs, and we'll be continuing to raise every concern made regarding these on the forum.

Before anyone asks - we do not know at this time whether there will be a second update to the game. Most likely that decision will be taken once the first one is out and we've had a chance to get some feedback on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Will this be a nice efficient 6 meg patch, or will it be an 800MB complete game rebuild patch(ie- BFV patches) ?

/me hopes the former.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

BF Vietnam Patches were that big!!!!!

The latter BF:V patches were that big but this shouldn't be anymore than a few Mbs I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ponster wrote:
    The latter BF:V patches were that big but this shouldn't be anymore than a few Mbs I'd imagine.

If it has 2 new maps the patch will be quite large 200+ meg id say anyway most of us have 1 to 2 meg broadband so no biggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

If it has maps, it will be big.
    If not, it will be small.

There is bound to be a second update too, everyone knows that, dunno why EA would deny it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Add 2 months to whatever they said:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ponster wrote:
    From EA :
    Issues regarding TK punishment, vehicle/infantry collision damage, hitboxes and a lot of the other current list of "please fix this" reports we've had are down to game balancing and refinement rather than bugs, and we'll be continuing to raise every concern made regarding these on the forum.
    Does this mean they will not be fixing these yet?

nope. it's going to tahe weeks to fix these type of problems. The patch is to solve problems for those that are finding it difficult to connect to servers, not those that don't like the gameplay.

I think this is kind of ridiculous, since an awful lot of people dont even have the game yet. This means that they cant play online rightaway withou patching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its what happens to every multiplayer game. (although BF2 has some obvious flaws that it shouldn't of shipped with)

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I think this is kind of riducolous, since an awful lot of people dont even have the game yet. This means that they cant play online rightaway withou patching.

There's no problem playing online but the browser is VERY slow.

But if you only connect to the same servers all the time, i.e. TiG, IOL or NRG, then you don't need the browser anymore...

ponster: read my post again.

Ahh, I see what you mean....

Well we'll have to wait and see if it is going to be a 200Mb patch first and don't you need bradband to play ther game in the first place meaning that it'll only take a few minutes to get the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Me on 56k S*it!
    At least i know a few friends who have BB :)

Advertisement