Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning gutters etc. - how much?

Options
  • 01-07-2005 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I'm about to ring somebody to get a quote for cleaning gutters, fascias, soffits & eaves of a standard 3 bed semi with white PVC windows/pipes (outside Dublin where we pay €15 to get our windows cleaned!!)

Anybody willing to give me an approx ballpark price for this job before I ring "yer man"?

Ta!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

In Celbridge a month ago I paid €25 for windows to be cleaned (external only). The same guy did the gutters for €50. I wasn't very happy as he only cleaned out the crap from inside the gutters and never gave a wipe to the outside of them (and i don't mean the fascia board). Time to buy a ladder....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Really the cost is dictated by what you want done so instead of going to the golden pages and asking to have your gutters cleaned specify that you want the inside, outside and the facia and soffit cleaned as well.

No disrespect but €50 was cheap for the job that was done, I can only presume the work was done by someone who has none of the basic business overheads.

Yep, the guy was from Bulgaria, and operates out of a van...

rooferPete - Where is the best place to buy a foldable\extendable about 22 foot long. I have a 16 foot foldable into 4 sections but it is not long enough for the gutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watch out for some of the Snacks out there, they call at your door and say they'll clean the guttering for 20 Euros and they do but the scam is that they will throw seeds in your guttering for a bit of return business.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Armadillo,

I usually buy from Valentines in Ballymount industrial est, although I see PJ Crawley Engineering (no relation) has some nice ladders and doesn't charge the earth.

I am buying industrial rated ladders, the prices on diy doesn't seem to vary much except among the Woodies Atlantic and B&Q "Big Box" suppliers.

I think you might do as well if you call into Haven Hire and buy a used ladder, ex hire can save a few euro.

• Advertisement

nice one, thanks. :)

Advertisement