Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Press Releases

• 01-07-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

How do I go about receiving press releases from the construction industry?

Do I have to ring around each company and ask them to add me their list, or is there somewhere I can go and just download them?

I have been looking for a couple of days now and can't find anything. Just to point out, this is for research purposes, im not a journalist / media person.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fintan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it depends who's releasing them.
    If its an individual company (say, about a certain incident), you'll have to contact the Co direct... ask for their public relations dept.
    I believe the Irish Construction Federation is the organisation you want for overall news:
    www.cif.ie
    Plenty of links / news/ releases here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Hi Whiskeyman

Thanks for the link, the CIF just seems to aggregate press releases from the HSA / CSO / government departments.

So there is no easy way to gather press releases from companies / manufacturers in the construction industry?

Is this a problem unique to construction (slow to change and all that) or is it all industries within ireland?

Just seems bizaare to this non-media person

cheers

Fintan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

It all seems very inefficient. I have set up some google alerts instead, much easier

thanks for the advice though

cheers

fintan

Advertisement